No sound from Dorico

I have lost all sound from Dorico. Been through the settings. Reinstalled Dorico, reinstalled NP, reinstalled Realtek drivers, reinstalled ASIO4ALL, deactiveted Voicemeter. I have sound from other apps.

Out of ideas… anyone have a good one?

and you tested for sound from a different library such as the inbuilt Halion? I’ve found NP sometimes doesn’t kick in immediately. Is NP still showing as active in the VST list without exclamation marks or anything. No OS update which sometimes breaks NP?

If it’s not working with any libraries and you’ve restarted you system at least one (twice sometimes seems to be required for some reason) then I’ll let the experts take over…

Maybe No Sound After Windows Update - Dorico - Steinberg Forums

No sound from Halion or EW either. Tried existing and new projects.

Just running the system file checker.

I installed ASIO4ALL because there were no generic outputs in Dorico’s device manager. ASIO identified the outputs, but still nothing.
I’m guessing at the moment that it is a corrupt system file (as I reinstalled Dorico), but I don’t know what it could be as I have sound elsewhere.

Please load a project and then do ‘Help > Create Diagnostics Report’ and attach the corresponding zip file here. Thanks

Reinstalled synchronous audio router and got sound back. But now play button is greyed out. I’ll send a project tomorrow Ulf. Thank you.

Hmmm… I can no longer create a project and despite saving current project it always recovers it when i restart.

Now: Audio engine process died.

Reinstalled Dorico and the same: Audio engine process died.

No other problems on the computer.

Can you please go rooting about in %APPDATA%\Steinberg\Dorico 3.5 VSTAudioEngine_64 and %APPDATA%\Steinberg\CrashDumps looking for relevant crash logs, then zip them up and attach them here?

Steve, we could have a remote screen sharing session in order to help you. If you agree, please write to ‘u dot stoermer at steinberg dot de’ and we’ll arrange the details.