No sound in Dorico after Reboot

Dorico Diagnostics brass add test 5.zip (1.69 MB)

Dorico Diagnostics Classical Orch BBC with abbey piano org test 4.zip (1.64 MB)

For the interested, it took us quite some time to work this out, but it turned out to be a nasty bug that only happened with projects that take very long time to load. Now it’s fixed and will become available in the next Dorico maintenance update.

1 Like

with the BBC orchestra, above all the Pro version, might I suggest using Vienna Ensemble Pro 7? The loading time is not dramatically improved (although it is better) but the performance once loaded certainly is, above all when editing. And the huge advantage is that the configuration can be kept open with the “preserve instance” feature of this software which means that you can quit Dorico and later restart and still have your template almost instantly available – with apparently little in the way of system resources being used when VEPro is just in the background .

Whether that in itself would resolve the issue without the maintenance update, I don’t know, but it’s good to hear of a fix anyway which presumably is relevant for other VST’s as well?

Incidentally, I would say that my standard classic/romantic template requires around 35 instances of the BBC and a late romantic orchestra would often need more so Patrick is not making excessive demands – other than the fact that the Pro version VST itself is very demanding.