No sound - not loading instruments

When I exported XML files and assigned the instruments in the Setup mode, the sounds were loaded and played when needed. Without changing anything Dorico suddenly changed this behavior and does not load any sound anymore.
I can see in the mixer that no audio is displayed. What is the mistake?

Best regards

The first thing to try is to go to Play > Playback Template and try re-applying the default ‘HSSE+HSO (Pro)’ playback template.

I went to (sorry German)

Wiedergabe > Wiedergabevorlage > Wiedergabevorlage anwenden > HSSE +HSO PRO > anwenden und schließen

I did this , saved, closed and opened the program , nothing changed.

Can you zip up and attach the project here so we can take a look?

I would recommend switching to “Silent” first, apply, and then switch back to “ HSSE +HSO PRO” again the way you described.

I would recommend switching to “Silent” first,

Where/How I can do that?

@Daniel:
It is nit about one single project. It happens to every file I load into Dorico.
I did send the project to Lillie Harris , I thought you get that too?

Thank you

Play > Playback Template…

Play > Playback Template…

If that is sth new compared with

The first thing to try is to go to Play > Playback Template and try re-applying the default ‘HSSE+HSO (Pro)’ playback template.

than I don’t understand

The only thing that’s new is the suggestion to set it to the Silence template before re-applying the default template. I’m not sure that it’ll make any difference, but that’s the difference in the instructions.

As I said , I do not how this works. I went to the VST and reloaded the Talion, than loaded it again. But nothing changed

My suggestion was, that you should

1. Wiedergabe > Wiedergabevorlage > Wiedergabevorlage anwenden > Silent > anwenden und schließen

Dorico neu starten

1. Wiedergabe > Wiedergabevorlage > Wiedergabevorlage anwenden > HSSE +HSO PRO > anwenden und schließen

It usually helps me with Noteperformer issues of any kind.

@klafkid

Thanx a lot, this at least led to the fact that 2 of the instruments producing sounds.

The other 3 rest silent. I tried to reload them in the setup mode, but that didn’t help.

Best regards

Do you have all sound libraries installed? Please choose from Dorico’s menu ‘Help > Create Diagnostics Report’. That creates silently a zip file on your desktop. Please attach it here. Thanks

Thank you… now after doing the whole procedure again with reloading all instruments after switching of and restarting the computer and program it works .

Thank you all!!

gogollny,

it just takes a bit of time until all instruments will be loaded.
:hourglass_flowing_sand:

it just takes a bit of time until all instruments will be loaded.

I know, but not anger than 10 minutes for 5 instruments, does it?

no, but sometimes one has to be patient, I noticed…

I had a similar issue with sounds being loaded into Halion but not sounding through my soundcard.
Checked it in Halion and it showed that it was sending output, so then I deleted Halion and put a few sounds into Kontakt and that made sound.
Next day same thing happened to the Kontakt sounds, they showed output in Kontakt but nothing went to the sound card.

So I looked through and Dorico had muted the master channel in the mixer, which was very odd.
Take a look there first if Halion isn’t playing any sounds, go to the mixer window and scroll to the far right.