No sound on playback, but exported audio sounds OK

Hi @RichardSoyaShigeta ,
is it this device that is making trouble: “LG UltraFine Displayオーディオ >” ?
This device is suspicious becaus in the logs it appears correctly like this, but in our mixer model it gets shown as “LG UltraFine Displayオ[xE3 x83]” as well as “LG UltraFine Displayオピ. So due to the different wide string interpretations it might be that the correct device can not be found. If you go to Edit > Device Setup, what variation of the driver name gets shown there? Thanks for your clarification

Thank you @Ulf ,
Yes, “LG UltraFine Displayオーディオ” is.
The combination of different wide (byte) strings may be causing the problem.
Here is a screenshot:

“LG Ultra HD” works: all single-byte characters.
“内蔵オーディオ” works: all double-byte characters.
“LG UltraFine Displayオーディオ” doesn’t work: single and double-byte combinations.

Thanks for confirming @RichardSoyaShigeta . I will try tomorrow with my Mac and a mixed multibyte string as name for an aggregated device. Let’s see if that then also behaves that way.

1 Like

Hi @RichardSoyaShigeta , indeed, I have the same problem here with mixed multibyte named devices, they don’t play back on my Mac. I’ve created a ticket for it in our bug database, don’t know yet though, when we will start working on it.

1 Like

Hi Ulf

When I choose the “integriertes Audio-Gerät” then it works well. With the Apple Studio Monitor it doesn’t work…
In the meantime I have installed the latest release 5.0.10.2029 from Dorico. Even with this release, the Apple Studio Monitor does not make any sound.
With my Dorico 4 installation everything works fine.
I have carefully compared all the device settings. I did not detect any difference in the Dorico 4 and 5 installations.

Thank You and best regards, Christian

Have you tried already following :
Launch the Audio MIDI Setup utility program and in there you can create aggregated devices. The trick is, to create a new aggregate but let only your Studio Monitor participate in there. Once it is created you can start Dorico again and under Edit > Device Setup you can select that new aggregate. How is that doing then? Same trouble?

Hi Ulf

With the “aggregated” Studio Display it works! Hooray! Thank You very much!

Why does this trick work? What is the difference between an “aggregated” and a “normal” Studio Display?

Best regards, Chris

To be honest, I also don’t know. Actually, the same trouble people also have with AirPods Pro. We still investigate on that one, but it has low priority since there is this workaround with the aggregates.