No Sound

but when i have it set to rig kontrol and strum my guitar you can see the volume bars go up and down but no sound, and no sound from other instruments either

You are listening on headphones plugged into the rig kontrol yes?
Could there a headphone level control on the hardware or in the rig kontrol software that’s turned down??

Oh im not using headphones, thought i wouldn’t have to, before through logic it worked perfect through the speakers :S

How about screenshots of the Guitar Rig Kontrol set up window(s)? I don’t know, maybe we can spot something.
It must be quite frustrating. The more info you give the more chance something might come up. I don’t use Kontrol so I can’t picture the set up.

Oh im not using headphones, thought i wouldn’t have to, before through logic it worked perfect through the speakers :S

OK…I sense we may be creeping extremely slowly towards some enlightenment

What are your speakers connected to??

My speakers are connected to my sound cards line out

Like i said i do get sound from other programs, opening cubase cuts these sounds off tho.

I do get sound from cubase after testing addictive drums and when opening guitar rig i just get loud feedback when the sound card is selected in devices.

When changing the selection in devices to the rig kontrol option no more sound

OK that makes it clear what the problem is.

With Rig Kontrol selected as your sound card in Cubase devices ALL sound from Cubase will be received and sent to the Rig Kontrol. So if you connect speakers to the Rig Kontrol you will hear it. You cannot use 2 cards/drivers at once inside Cubase you can only switch between them.

Like i said i do get sound from other programs, opening cubase cuts these sounds off tho.

Like I said - This is normal behaviour in Windows. There are workarounds but not going to start suggesting those until you have your more basic setup issue resolved.

There are a few options, the easiest of which is probably to connect speakers to the Rig Kontrol and not to the Asus, select Rig Kontrol in Cubase and also Select Rig Kontrol as your Windows sound.
Then in Cubase set “release driver in background” (for now) & this will get everything working (except for the 2 programmes playing audio at the same time bit) All programs should play through RK and speakers one at a time.

Sounds like it to me.

Ok… So when i plug headphones into my guitar rig all sound works fine from cubase but when i play something say from another program like chrome or guitar pro it comes out my speakers

why cant cubase come out my speakers?

Does Rig Kontrol have a mixer window? Perhaps you have the headphone out activated but the main output turned down?

Does Rig Kontrol have a mixer window? Perhaps you have the headphone out activated but the main output turned down?

It’s not that complicated…he still has speakers connected to the Asus so he obviously cannot hear Rig through the speakers…And he has windows sound set to the Asus so he can’t hear those programs through the headphones.

I gave him exactly the solution he needs, I don’t know how to simplify the instruction any further.

connect speakers to the Rig Kontrol and not to the Asus, select Rig Kontrol in Cubase and also Select Rig Kontrol as your Windows sound.

I can’t plug speakers into my rigkontrol because it requires a bigger size jack, i do have headphones and used the headphones in them and i do get sound from cubase through the headphones, but when i play sound from somewhere else it comes out my speakers, i have taking the speakers out of my sound card and connected them to the motherboard’s onboard sound because i will be getting rid of this sound card

About your sound bar. You should go into the setup menu. Either under sound or advanced, you should see a choice for speakers. Hope this helps.