No Trumpet in Bb for player

Thank you Daniel. That fixed the issue.

I had exact the same problem and I didn’t messed around with the xml file in the Dorico 4 folder.
The problem is indeed resolved by replacing the user library.xml file.

For users (Mac) in the future, it is in the hidden ‘Go’ menu in the Finder. Press Option to see it appear.

1 Like

Yes. Surprising that happens.

Same question, but for Dorico Elements 5.

What can / must I do to be able to add a B-flat trumpet with a key signature?

P.S. This is Elements 5.0.20 – just installed a couple of days ago.

What does Trompette show? Because a trumpet and a Trompette is the same instrument, not the same language. I suspect your Bb trumpet has decided to sing La Marseillaise…
The interesting thing is why?

No problems in the latest version of Pro.

Hard to believe the same base code would generate something different in Elements.

When I select Trompette, there is only one choice: B flat.

And then, after I have selected that one choice, the instrument is shown as “Trumpet in Bb”, i.e. in English, with a key signature in the score. It’s the correct key signature – in my score the concert instruments play in E flat (three flats) and the Trumpet plays in F (one flat).

So apparently that is a valid workaround for my problem, unless there are some hidden differences between a Trumpet and a Trompette, in terms of the performance characteristics of the two instruments as defined in the XML configuration file(s), that are invisible to me but that will become evident later.

1 Like

That is what I expected… I don’t really understand why the instruments can show different languages in the instrument picker, but all in all I find 5.0.20 makes everything I need possible (while instruments had disappeared from the picker in all languages in 5.0.10)

I had a similar issue with the clarinet in Bb. It was the only clarinet with a german name. I’m not sure how i solved it. I guess resetting it in the instrument library or something like that, did the trick.