There’s a strange new issue with the playback of unmeasured tremolos in 3.5.10: it doesn’t work if the meter is written with a dotted quaver. However, it works correctly if the value is halved and the tempo is written with a dotted crotchet.
Way to reproduce the bug:
- Input a 12/16 meter
- Fill a bar with a dotted minim and apply a three-stroke tremolo
- Input a tempo such as e. = 156
- Playback the bar. Dorico won’t play the note as an unmeasured tremolo. It won’t make any difference if you decrease the value of the default unmeasured tremolo length in Playback Options.
- Change the tempo to q.=78
- Dorico will now correctly play the unmeasured tremolo
By the way, it worked fine up to 3.5.