No upgrade for Cubase 5?

Hi, I’m trying to upgrade my Cubase 5 license to 6. But there is no upgrade path I can see on the website in the shop?
Cubase: Music Production Software | Steinberg - only offcers Cubase 6 upgrade from Cubase Artist 6. But nothing for Cubase 5 users.

My US friends do see (on the same website link above) upgrade cost for $149 - but I don’t get this offer?!

In My registered Products under “Registered USB-eLicensers/Steinberg Keys or Soft-eLicensers” I can see my eLicensener and Cubase 5 Activation code. I’m in Australia and bought Cubase 5 overseas.
:confused:
Thanks for your help in advance.

Hi Esabuc,

of course you will be able to purchase an update from Cubase 5 to Cubase 6.

However, you cannot do this in the online shop if you are located in Australia since this is not a downloadable product but only available as a boxed version. The Onlineshop only ships to customers located in the US and selected European countries. Only download versions are available worldwide.

If you want to buy this product, you have to see a Steinberg dealer in Australia (such as Allans Music & Billy Hyde for example).

If you need any further assitance, please let me know.

Thank you.

Melanie Becker
Export Channel Manager

Thanks Melanie for your reply! That saves me a big headache figuring out what’s going on.

I wish I could just buy an electronic downloadable upgrade/license directy from your online shop.
It would be heaps quicker to checkout, pay, install within minutes.

I have tons of software packages which take space and are outdated 12 months later.
Not to mention extra printing cost, postage and installation cd’s that are wasteful.

However, I’m grateful for your reply, thanks again.

Hi Esabuc,

You are very welcome.

I know it would be easier and faster for some customers to just download it but at the moment we have to deal with it as it is. As you might know we have a small portofolio of downloadable products which is one step in the right direction. :slight_smile:

Anyway, I hope you will enjoy your Cubase 6 version soon.

Thanks.