No valid license found Cubase LE 6

I recently updated to Windows 10, and subsequently when trying to open my Cubase LE 6 it tells me “No valid License found” and quits.

I have eLicenser Control Center version 6.9.2.1179 installed, and I have reinstalled it to make sure. It shows Cubase Elements 6 under my Licenses, and states “This “Full” license allows to use the product for an unlimited time period”. It is a Soft-eLicenser.

I still have the activation code and have reentered it a number of times, but the result is always the same; eLC seems perfectly happy with Cubase, but whenever I try to access Cubase itself it tells me no license is found.

Any suggestions? I can’t find anyone with this exact issue on the forums. I’m wondering if it’s to do with updating to Win 10, I’m pretty sure I accessed it find a few weeks before updating.

Thanks

Hi,

First of all, Win 10 is not supported OS for Cubase LE 6.

I wonder, if eLCC has the same Soft-eLicenser number in Win 10, as it was in Win 8. Maybe Reactivation would help. If not, maybe I would try to force eLCC to create a new Soft-eLicenser and the do the Reactivation.

Thanks for the reply. I’ve actually managed to run Cubase now, I ran it as administrator which seems to have resolved the licensing issue. Not got any sound just yet but it’s probably to do with a VST device setting somewhere

If you run the eLicenser “as Administrator” one time after you’ve upgraded to Windows 10 you can let it repair itself.