No valid license found for: speaker impulse

This IS a bug, for sure.

If you have both Nuendo 5 and Cubase 6 installed, and the licenses are on separate dongles, you get an error message if you remove one of the dongles. :sunglasses:

Hi,
you are right, the error message you are seeing is caused by the speaker impulse responses that came with Cubase 6. In a scenario where Cubase 6 is installed next to Nuendo 5 but without license present.
It would help us consider the severity of this problem if you could briefly outline why you have bith programs installed but only one license. Is it a test-situation or is your production environment like that?

Thanks,
Thorsten

Production. We have Nuendo in main studio and Cubase on remote systems. Cubase is also in main studio. Basically cheaper to run muliple Cubase then Nuendo.

Also another reason I install Cubase 6 on a system that already has Nuendo 5 on it is because Steinberg does not maintain parity between the two apps.

So if I want the latest and greatest features I HAVE to install both.

I am a little confused that with Nuendo and NEK that this is an issue at all. Shouldn’t the NEK enable all of the Cubase features? I thought that was the point.

Same thing here, Cubase license and dongle in one studio and Nuendo licenses and dongles in two others.

Cheers,
Rob

Nuendo 5 NEK enables all features of Cubase 5, but not Cubase 6. The Missing “speaker impulse” license message is caused by the Cubase 6 VST Amp Rack content.

Nevertheless your use case should not cause nagging messages.

well thanks for the Nek 5 explaination, I get it now. But it really would be helpful if Steinberg would then perhaps consider getting the versions in sync maybe? Because now if I work on something in Cubase in one of the small suites and then move to the bigger studios to finish in Nuendo, I will have limitted ablitly to do so depending on the features of cubase that I used. Not very well thought out I would say.

-Rob