No valid license has been found on this computer

Hi,

All of a sudden I’m starting to get this error message:

No valid license has been found on this computer.
WaveLab 8.5 cannot be started.

I’ve tried a different USB slot, installed the latest elicenser software etc. Hitting OK then crashes Wavelab and it hangs. I have to force quit and then reboot. The Mac reboots but then hangs on a black screen…until I physically unplug the dongle. It then boots up fine. Inserting the dongle again means it works. For about a day. Then it happens again. Any ideas? Faulty dongle maybe? It is pretty old.

Sounds like your dongle is going bad. Just get a new one, the newer models seem less prone to dying like this too.

I had the same problem. I just installed WaveLab Pro 9.5 for the first time. Using the same dongle I use for Cubase Pro 9.5, I received the same error.
“No valid license has been found on this computer. WaveLab 9.5 cannot be started”. I was assuming Wavelab would recognize the dongle and walk me through activation. WaveLab was seeing the dongle, but was looking for an activated eLincense on the dongle. I was able to resolve the issue by using the eLicenser Control Center. When the control center opened, I ran the synchronization and maintenance wizard. Then I ran the eLicense Download Wizard which challenged me for the activation code to complete the download. Once I entered the activation code, the WaveLab license was downloaded and added to the dongle. Hope this helps. :slight_smile:

Hiii,
i had registered my license on my steinberg account on but in my steinberg account only cubase can be dowloaded from the downloads sections in my prodeucts. I had downloaded some of the VST instuments like The Grand 3, HALion 6 and Wavelab Pro 9.5 using the Steinberg Download Assistant but i am unabl to use them. Whenever i open any of these the message is prompted.
“NO VALID LICENSE HAS BEEN FOUND ON THIS COMPULTER”.
PLEASE HELP ME OUT

Do you have the licenses for these titles showing in the e-Licenser software? Because that’s where the software will look when you start the VSTs. If you have activation keys for the mentioned VST instruments, they should be entered into the e-Licenser software.