No valid licenses found (WaveLab 11.1 and eLicenser) [SOLVED]

Hi everyone,
Since the update of Steinberg Activation Manager yesterday Wavelab won’t start. I always have this warning panel “No valid licenses found”. I’ve this issue with a license present on my dongle, not with the internet activation. I’ve Nuendo 11 on this dongle and no problem to start. I can see my license of wavelab 11 in eLicenser … i’ve updated the eLicenser license database but still have the same problem.
I’ve tried the new WL11.1.20 it still won’t start.
If anyone have a sugestion to try …just let me know.
Thanks

Yes, I experienced this same problem today with WaveLab Elements 11.1.20. I thought it was caused by the new update. As I still had a computer activation left I went with that, but it would be nice to have a solution so we can use WaveLab 11.1 with the eLicenser again.

Steinberg download assistant updated the activation manager to v1.4.10.897 (latest) - win10

Now Wavelab 11.1 .10 fails to start with “No Valid Licenses Found” error.

NO OTHER CHANGES to the system. and bear in mind that the Steinberg Download Assistant doesn’t give you a choice about upgrading the activation manager.

There is a valid W11 licence on the elicenser and cubase 11, nuendo 11 plus all other software working off the elicenser fine.

Installed 11.1.20 and the same issue.

I’d suggest something has gone badly wrong !

(EDIT - I see there is an existing thread with others reporting the same - maybe best to merge threads)

@Dr.Strangelove Did you try rebooting?

Hello Philippe !
yes, i’ve reboot my system that’s the first thing i did, but still have the problem.
I just realized that i’ve the same kind problem with Halion Sonic SE, Groove Agent SE in Nuendo 11. (No license found) but Nuendo start normaly.
So, it’s not just an WL11.1 problem.
Thanks for your answer

And if you open the Steinberg Activation Manager, what do you see?

yes…

@Dr.Strangelove if you open the Steinberg Activation Manager, what do you see?

do you mean the Activation manager ?

Do you mean Steinberg Download Assistant or Steinberg Activation manager ?
In Steinberg download assistant nothing, it’s just open normaly.
In Steinberg Activation manager WL pro 11.1 is not activate but i use the dongle. I can activate it but it’s on my laptop and i use WL 11.1 with the dongle.

@PG1

just to be clear

If you deactivate the license in the Steinberg Activation Manager then W11 fails to start with a licence error despite a valid licence being on the elicenser

I’m not sure the Download Manager is relevant apart from the fact it FORCES the ‘broken’ version of the Activation Manager on your system.

Same issue with W11.1 and W11.2

probably quicker for you to do a quick test at your end (would have been nice is someone at steinberg had done this)

very interesting - I’ve a C12 and N12 licence on my PC so I’m not getting that error message.

I’m assuming that both HSSE and GASE on your system are the latest versions ? (which I believe use the new steinberg activation manager AS WELL AS the elicencer), so it’s possible that this version of the activation manager has broken it’s own elicenser integration.

There are only a few bits of software that support this kind of ‘dual’ licensing…I’m guessing they are all f**cked.

I’ll see if I can find a way to confirm it

sigh (v2)

Yes I meant this!

well it’s all normal ?

if I ‘activate’ W11 it works - but if I deactivate it doesn’t

Until today it was working on the elicenser (as designed) but after having the latest activation manager forced on the PC it’s stopped working.

Can’t be any more clear - have you tried it ?

I’m also guessing that Thomas was hitting the same issue here:

My HSSE and GASE are up to date. I confirm that this problem concerns products that can be activated via SAM and elicenser. My Halion 6 (dongle license only) works fine but my Groove Agent 5 doesn’t works with my dongle. I have Nuendo 12 and everything works fine with licenses activated via internet.

1 Like

@Waltercalling

thanks for the update - not sure if anybody apart from @PG1 is aware of this yet (and I don’t think he’s quite understood the nature of the issue)

probably lots of people haven’t had the forced SAM update.

Hopefully they can roll back SAM as knowing SB they won’t be able to provide a hotfix very quickly.

It’s worrying though - as next time it could break a lot more ?

I just updated WL to 11.2.02 on my Mac running Mac OS 10.15.7 Catalina and it took about 1/3rd the time of my PC but I got all kinds of “strange” messages having to do with “your computer is not authorized” and other kinds of unfathomable messaging. Plus it had to download a lot of “something” off the WWW which seemed to take a lot of time. IMHO the authorizer is not quite doing what it was designed to do…and should be FIXED. YUCK!

Just for chuckles and grins does anyone, other than PG, from Steinberg ever read these forums? Or do they just post things???

yes, Steinberg read them, although they often feel it’s better to not respond.

Communication has never been their strong point. Sometimes a simple ‘whoops - sorry and we’re on the case’ would be helpful.

Probably doesn’t get as much visibility being in the WL forum however, but maybe @PG1 can escalate ?

yes, I can confirm that here too.

If I disable my C12/N12 licences then HSSE fails with a licence error despite valid licences being available on the elicencer - just as you have found.

Think that confirms the nature of the issue with the latest SAM

oddly The Grand 3, which was updated a few days ago to use a ‘hybrid licences’ seems unaffected.

paging @Ben_at_Steinberg to give some visibility to the issue

I have exactly the same symptoms.

Exactly … the Download Manager forces updates to SAM and eLC with no option to stop it.

1 Like