No valid licenses found (WaveLab 11.1 and eLicenser) [SOLVED]

So if I understand the various posts on this thread, if you have an eLicenser license for WaveLab 11 as well as an unactivated license for WaveLab 11.1 in Steinberg Activation Manager, then WaveLab won’t launch. Is this correct?

The fix is to open Steinberg Activation Manager and ensure that the license is activated, is that right?

One more question: could you confirm which platform you’re seeing this on? Mac? PC? both?

Exactly as you describe. Running WaveLab Elements 11.1 on a Windows 11 22H2 machine with latest patches here. eLicenser Control Center is version 6.12.8.3314, and Steinberg Activation Manager is version 1.4.10.897.

OK - I will make some enquiries with the developers about the eLicenser fallback mechanism when both licenses are present.

In the meantime, I’d certainly encourage everyone to move across exclusively to Steinberg Licensing which should solve these issues.

@Ben_at_Steinberg

but that’s not always an option - there are lots of scenarios where that isn’t applicable

check out some of the other people using totally valid Cubase or Nuendo 11 licences that are now being locked out of their licences because they also have V12 licenses. Locked out of thinks like halion sonic or groove agent (check the various links)

You really have to question the policy of automatically pushing (broken) patches to SAM via the SDA…disaster waiting to happen IMO

in the meantime giving access to download the previous version would be helpful for those who are locked out

Hi Ben,
PC Win Pro 22H2 19045.2193
eLicenser Control Center is version 6.12.8.3314
Steinberg Activation Manager is version 1.4.10.897

Could I ask you to zip up the files from %APPDATA%\Steinberg\Activation Manager and send them to me via PM?

I assume you mean

\appdata\ROAMING\steinberg\Activation Manager

are you saying you are unable to reproduce this - there are fairly clear repros if you read the entire thread ? We’ve (I!) have worked pretty hard to find out what the issue is.

If you type %APPDATA% into the Windows Explorer it sends you right to the Roaming directory. It is a environment parameter

1 Like

Is anyone in this thread who is experiencing this issue using anything WaveLab Pro or is it just WaveLab Elements?

@Dr.Strangelove - yes, I can reproduce this issue, nevertheless gathering data is part of the job.

great - thanks

I think everyone so far is on W11 PRO

I’ve confirmed Halion Sonic SE exhibits the behaviour if you are running from a C11 (dongle obvs) licence and have a disabled licence in SAM

Reports of Groove Agent SE doing the same and I assume with the same set of circumstances.

We’ve reproduced, identified and found a fix for the issue which will be rolled out in a point release as soon as we can (note: it’s Friday afternoon and a public holiday in Germany on Monday).

In the meantime, if you’re in this situation, please manually activate the corresponding Steinberg Licensing-based license.

5 Likes

thanks for responding so quickly

Thanks !

FYI, the just released version 1.4.11.903 of the Steinberg Activation Manager solved this issue for me.

2 Likes

Confirmed fixed here too, for both WaveLab and Groove Agent.
Cynicism retracted!

perfect - thanks for the heads up @Jorge_Ruiz

Hi,

I’ve got this problem. On max silicon m1 and just upgraded to wavelab 11. It is installed an I’ve entered the registration code. It shows on my USB elicenser dongle. But when I open WL11 I get the ‘no valid license found’ message that everyone has spoken about. I’ve followed all of the various advice I’ve found everywhere but can’t find a solution. Not had this issue before but it’s annoying for sure.

Any new solutions?

Best,

Bill

install the latest version of the Steinberg Activation Manager

Thanks - I did but doesn’t seem to make a difference.

Hallelujah - I reinstalled all of it…steinberg Activation Manager, elicenser, library assistant and download assistant…ran maintenance and it finally worked.

1 Like