No way I reach upgrade to cubase12 with grace period. I am doing something wrong?

Hi friends! I updated to the version of cubase elements 11 and activated the license on December 26, 2021… So I apply for the grace period and to get cubase elements 12. The truth is that I have done all the steps, and no It appears to me that I can get version 12 by no means. I even downloaded version 12 to see if my PC automatically detects that I meet the grace period and no success. I understand that these days there was traffic on the Steinberg servers, but almost 5 days have passed… and nothing; also asking for technical support is a nightmare because not even an email appears to send a ticket, sending me to a lot of distributors to other countries and no spain or Germany… Can you help me?? It would be terrible if I have invested time and money and can’t upgrade to elements 12. What should I do?? I thought it would be easier… I downloaded every managers download, activation, and elicenser…

Have you ran “Maintenance” in the eLicenser Control Center? Your Elements 11 license should show as “Grace Period Eligible” after doing so.
After that, open the Steinberg Activation Manager and click on the “user” icon. Select “Grace Period Check…”.

2 Likes

Thanks for answering!! And of course!! I think I have followed all the steps correctly, and the elicencer control remains as in the screenshot that I put here… it does not give me anything about whether it is eligible or not, and in the Activation Manager it says that I do not have a license… :frowning: the situation is quite frustrating…

Yeah, that sucks. It sounds like you are not the only one having this problem, judging by other forum posts. If you’re Elements 11 registration is showing up properly in your MySteinberg account, I’m sure it will be resolved. Definitely not a comfortable situation to be in, though.

thanks for the reply!! but, is there hope or does anyone know when it will be fixed? on my mysteinberg I have everything in order, with my license activation from 12/26/2021, but I have no idea how long one should wait…

Unfortunately, this is primarily a “users helping users” forum. I don’t know if anyone here can provide the answers right now. As long as your license is being displayed properly in your MySteinberg account, that is a positive thing.

I feel bad for you (and others). Hopefully, things will work out in the end. Hang in there!

I know the support situation can be questionable, depending on your location.

Thanks!!! well, I’ll be waiting… :slightly_frowning_face:

If you are still having issues with updating to Cubase 12, please let us know here: Updating to Cubase 12 – STATUS UPDATE – Monday, March 7th - #2