No way of running Cubase 8 on OSX 10.7.x?

I’m using alot of old software that isn’t compatible with the newer osx versions so I’ve put off updating a long time. Now I’ve ran into a brick wall trying to install Cubase 8 that says it REQUIRES at least 10.9. Is it ok to spoof osx version and go ahead or does it really NEED the newer osx version?

Since nobody apparently knew I tried this myself. You’re gonna have to go the systemversion.plist route to fool the installation and even then the part of the installation that updates the usb dongle still complains about the os version being unsupported. I figured that I already have a working version however and that Cubase 8 should be able to use that instead. Indeed the installation finished as successful despite the refusal to update from the dongle software installation. After this I changed the systemversion.plist back to the original state and loaded up Cubase 8.

Everything works great so far and it seems fully functional on 10.7.5. Maybe there’s a bigger improvement with the new guard stuff on newer OS versions. I get about 25% improvement as it is now. Thought I’d update my post if anyone else is wondering the same thing out there. Instructions for how to hack the systemversion can be found here: How to spoof your version of Mac OS X

Has any one been able to install Cubase Pro 8 on OSX 10.6.8 Snow Leopard?

Hello,

regarding installation of Cubase Pro 8 on Mac OSX 10.6.8 I can report the following:

• Changing SystemVersion.plist file to 10.8.5 was applied to allow installer to run. Has been successfull.
  • Installation of Cubase Pro 8 Trial (running with real Cubase 8 Pro license) has been succesfull.
  • It takes a lot of time to install the last option: RUNNING PACKAGES SCRIPTS,
    these are the included VST Sound files etc.
  • Running Cubase Pro 8: DOES NOT OPEN. The error report indicates the following problem:

Dyld error message: Library not loaded…/USR/Lib/Libc++.1.dylib
Reference from:/applications/Cubase 8.app/contents/macos/imagegenerator.dylib
Reason: Image not found.

Hope this helps.
All the best.