Nomad Factory plug ins?? any good ?? any views?

'Don’t know about your ‘arse’ old Ed, but I like the no-brainer SSL drums plus the extra packs I ended up buying, good stuff in my humble opinion.

No need to get ‘serious’ here Ed, I’m not having a go at you at all :slight_smile: .

Cheers,

Mauri.

I think I know what you mean about those drum sounds.
Again, it might be the awful Kontakt player you are forced to use, but I also found it hard to get great sounds via triggering with Drumagog - although SSD have now discontinued all WAV/GOG support completely since they brought out “TRIGGER” which I have to say is absolutely superb, drum sounds notwithstanding.
When triggering, you can get the Slate drums to sound good but it takes work. There are better libraries out there.
BFD2 is simply awesome. I love the way it plugs right into drumagog too.

no offense taken. i’m waiting for arse upgrade 6.02. CubArse in fact!
p.s. will give the slate drums another and fairer try when i’ve got spare time.
ed

Well, these are all opinions so by nature ,its subjective. I think the Kontakt interface is extremely powerful;thats why its used more than any by library developers. Its really worth taking the time to get to know. The player gives almoast infinite processing power to each drum . Its a polar opposite approach to Sampletank of course but does tons more. I’d personally trade space for editing flexibility any day. All that in the no brainer for $15

Again ,its all personal taste. I don’t trigger drums

Long time user of NF plug-ins here with a subjective opinion. :smiley:

In general their Eq’s really shine. The dynamics processors are very usable.

Favorites include:
EQ: Pulse Tech, EQ 9063B All Tech, EQP-4, and the Retro Film and Music Tone eqs.

Another vote for the previously mentioned SC-226 (which tends to be my “go to” plug-ins for drums and bass) and Magnetic.

I also like the CPS2-3 Compressor, the British Bundle and the AMT bundle.

UAD plug-ins are hard to beat, but NF or PSP provide an excellent range of native plug-ins.

First off, Im with Mr M on Kontakt. Got Kontakt 4 and for me, its the business.

Second, Dont Crack have got some pretty good deals on right now. just letting you know if your interested in the Magnetic or the Analogue Echo Box there doing a discount or else a bundle of the 2 for $99. Seemed a pretty good price to me anyhow. Thought id share.

Yes, I love all the Nomad Factory plugs that I have! I’ve also got most of them through various AudioMidi and DontCrack deals, namely - Echoes, Magnetic, SC 226, Analog Trackbox, British Bundle and BlueVerb (ps the BlueVerb deal was over a year ago). All of these just ooze character - but I’m not too familiar with their more clinical/mastering type effects.

I may have to demo their Pultec emu now - I would love to hear a comparison with the new Softube Channel Strip.

RE: Steve Slate Drums Audio Midi deal - I bought it as a complete knee-jerk AudioMidi purchase at the time and never really used it - BUT last summer it entitled me to upgrade to the full Kontakt 4 for a ridiculously cheap price :smiley:

For anyone who’s looking for a PulTec emulation, don’t buy NF’s PulseTec.
I tested it directly against Waves PuigTec and Kuassa EVE and it sounds so much cheaper than both.

Save your money and either buy the Kuassa EVE which is 3 TIMES CHEAPER than the PulseTec and sounds a lot nicer… OR save your money and buy the Waves PuigTec which is smooth as silk. I wasted $125 USD on this cheap awful PulseTec.