Non-open of rendered montage wav causes CD-write to fail

I create a montage with multiple CD tracks in it, render it and do not tick the option to open the resulting audio file.

The unnamed CD file is created, but when one tries to burn this file, the program either terminates or indicates that the source file for the CD is not 44.1KHz.

Ticking the option to open the resulting audio file, or recreating the CD file from the generated wav file allows the CD to be burned.

Mac WL8.0.3 build 698, 64 bit with Mac OS 10.9.2

Not sure how you proceed…

I create a montage with multiple CD tracks in it, render it and do not tick the option to open the resulting audio file.

“render it” to an independent wav audio file I guess?

The unnamed CD file is created, but when one tries to burn this file

You can burn a montage or a basic Audio CD, not a single audio file. Hence what do you mean?

I create a new montage. I add several wav files to it and put CD track markers at the beginning and end of each of the added files. I normalise it, add a dithering plugin and render a finalised wav file from the whole montage. This also creates a .cd file for me as I have ticked the option to Create a Basic Audio CD.

If I don’t have the option ticked to display the rendered wav file, the .cd file which is created will not burn a CD. It either terminates Wavelab or indicates that the source file for the CD (the one I just rendered) is not 44.1KHz.

If I tick the option to display the rendered wav file in the render dialogue, I am able to burn the CD from the .cd file.

Hope this is a better explanation.

Thanks, I can reproduce now.