NorFonts Bundle for Dorico

Hi,

In response to several requests from Dorico users asking me for making a bundle, I’m making a NorFonts bundle package for Dorico featuring the following 5 font families:

BOPMUSIC FONT SET

REALSCORE FONT SET

THE COPYIST FONT SET

RHAPSODY FONT SET

GROOVE FONT SET

You can pick them all together from this link:

https://norfonts.ma/product/get-30-off-purchasing-the-5-norfonts-set-for-dorico/

1 Like

Hi Nordine, I can read (a tiny bit of) Icelandic. I’m sorry to say that the Icelandic letters þ (thorn) and ð (eth) (for which the uppercase variants look like Þ and Ð) don’t look right in the example you gave above. The font is apparently intended as all-caps or small caps, but for Þ and Ð you use the lowercase glyphs þ (with ascender and descender) and ð. Those should be uppercase, especially at the beginning of this text.
So in all-caps, it should not look like:
þAð BER Að VIðURKENNA…
but like
ÞAÐ BER AÐ VIÐURKENNA…

(For those wondering: Old English had these letters too, but they both got replaced by the digraph th. Thorn (þorn) is the unvoiced th of e.g. think, while Eth (eð) is the voiced th of e.g. that. It’s a pity modern English doesn’t use ðese letters anymore…)

(Edit) No news for someone from Morocco, but I realise Arabic has these sounds as well: þ = ث ، ð = ذ

2 Likes