Normalizing clipped Audio - Windows 10 v1809 - Cubase 9.5.50.345

Noob question. I did a fresh install of Windows 10 version 1809. And i disabled a bunch of things i thought would help my pc run smoother for my daw setup using Cubase and i might have turned off a feature that is preventing me from being able to normalize a clipping wav after i’ve recorded a track.

Before i made all of these changes to windows i was able to… let me give you an example. Record audio from the stereo inputs (or direct, with a single line in) on my audio interface and the audio on the track would be clipping, then i could remove dc offset and normalize and i could see the transients of the audio. The peaks, as if i was recording audio right under 0dB. This was an advantage.

Yeah, i disabled so many things in Win10 and everything all seems to work just fine the way i want. Though, one other thing. I use Native Instruments Transient Master effect and my scroll wheel doesn’t work for some knobs on plugins. I have to manually turn the knob with a mouse click (holding the button on the mouse).

What happened for all this to not be able to work?

Thank you everybody who gives help and have a safe and happy new year! :slight_smile:

Hi,

Do you use 16 bit, 24 bit, 32 bit, 32 bit floating point or 64 bit floating point resolution?

Hello Martin,

I record 64bit float.

And are you sure, it is not the waveform zoom slider all the way up?

Yes, i’m sure svennilenni. Thank you for the interest!

I re-edited explanations to problems i’m having with Win10 and Cubase 9.5.50.345.

Thank you!

Nobody knows? My internet access is limited, though i appreciate the help!

Thank you!