Not able to hear myself in headphones while recording

I’ve had to do a re-install of Cubase 5 and lost some of mt settings in the process.

Problem: I cannot hear my vocal in the headphones while recording.

Thank you.

connect the headphones with your interface, set up Cubase and your interface, activate input monitoring.
Lots uf useful info you´re providing there.

.[/quote]
connect the headphones with your interface, set up Cubase and your interface, activate input monitoring.
Lots uf useful info you´re providing there.[/quote]

I’m up and running (rme multiface). No trouble hearing recorded audio through headphones; my only problem is hearing myself thru the phones - while - recording a vocal. Monitoring is activated on recording channel.

Thanks

If you read my “problem” literally - the info is quite useful.

“Connect your headphones with your interface” you’re kidding…right?

Check output routing of recording track.

All inputs routed to stereo out.

So how do you monitor?
ASIO Direct monitoring? Via Cubase? Do you use dedicated monitor mixes? If so - via standard sends? Control room sends? Control room enabled at all? Does the track record at all, or does that also not work…?
That´s the kind of useful info I was thinking of - the kind that helps those without mind - reading abilities to get an idea of your setup… Though not as comfortable for you as the Q&A session that might happen now.

No.

[/quote]
Though not as comfortable for you as the Q&A session that might happen now.

You appear to have no respect for your own time.

Nor you for that of others I might add :wink:

knuklehead: it’s recomendable for you to stick on the issue.
On pC troubleshooting the first question is too: have you plugged everything in. You would wonder how often people have forgotten that step…

Anyway: sticking to your problem: your monitoring settings might be the issue.
Check the correct routing in vst connections, recomendably monitor over control room settings.

otherwise explain your routing completely: channel & VST connections