not actively Cubase 8.5

Hey :slight_smile:))
I’m trying to upgrade the Cubase Artist 6 to Cubase 8.5
I bought and downloaded the upgrade
But I can not actively pro 8
Would appreciate help
Thanks eldi

Make sure to download the latest eLicenser Control Center.

What error message are you getting?

Hi :sunglasses: :smiley: thanks for the help from you !! This error message i get --“currentiy, there is no license available which can be upgraded by your upgrade license .please conncet an usb- elicenser,which holds an appropriate upgradable license ,to your computer” thanks eldi

The license you were supposed to buy is “Upgrade from Cubase Artist 6 / 6.5 / 7 / 7.5 / 8”. If you bought anything else you’ll have to ask for a refund by contacting support through your MySteinberg.

Hi and Thanks
I think I bought the upgrade right?

That’s the wrong upgrade. You bought the upgrade from the full version of Cubase 6/6.5 to Pro 8.5. You had to buy the one I mentioned. (Upgrade from Cubase Artist 6 / 6.5 / 7 / 7.5 / 8)

You’ll have to contact support, they’ll give you a refund.

Hi thanks for clarifying things :exclamation: :nerd: :smiley:
Another related question
Is it possible to download the correct upgrade and turn to as customer service and receive a refund for upgrading the wrong
It is customary to do??

Thanks eldi

You don´t have to contact support, but the dealer you bought the software from. If it is the Steinberg website, you will have to contact asknet, which is the dealer running the steinberg webshop.

In any case you should clarify that with the dealer, you bought it from, no one else.

Thank :smiley: you understand what I need to do
Thank you all :ugeek: :sunglasses: :smiley: :slight_smile:
Great Day :slight_smile:))))

i see the difference between update and upgrade even when it’s an upgradeof version error, mine also says that same thing. i just waited a little until i changed my operating system to 64 bit…lol…confusion on purchase

i’l see or check in with the support team :frowning: :frowning: