not disillusioned cubase artist 7.5 user anymore

I have to say TicoPhil that the learning curve involved in getting to grips with a very complex software like Cubase is daunting. I know I had a lot of issues just like everyone here when I started. The troubleshooting is the key way you develop skills. The day spent not getting any sound until you realise that you left a box un-ticked is the kind of thing that has happened to me time and time again. The more you use Cubase the better you will get.

We know that there are no stupid questions a beginner can ask. Because we have all asked them.

I’ve mentioned this before, but it’d be great to see a signal flow window which shows the basic connections. Something like that for the Control Room. But also with pulsing lines and connections to show the audio that is actually being played. This would solve an awful lot of people’s problems I think. And also look great to the punters in the studio :slight_smile:

Mike.

P.S. I recently found the manual for my Ghost32 channel desk, and it was folded back at the signal diagram page - now that’s completely because it was the only page that told me what every button did in one place and I consulted it a lot while learning how to use the mixer!

Hi, just had it all fixed. My brother in law has just visited. This problem seems to stem from guy in shop who gave me a stereo audio cable (2 jacks to korg to one jack to scarlett). I should be using two mono cables (ordinary guitar cables) in the front two input spots and two korg in/out ports. I am now getting what I wanted…one problem solved. Thanks everyone for trying. A result! Phil

Now, I’m not the type to say, “told ya so…” LOL

Thanks Enjeer, excellent problem shooting from afar. I’m impressed. I wouldn’t have had a clue although I’m learning. I guess I’m not disillusioned cubase user anymore. :smiley:
Until the next problem
Phil

Ha ha, no worries, man.

I’ve used several DAWs over the years, and they all cause severe disillusionment at some point–but, despite any downsides, Cubase is as powerful as they get. Hope you stick with it!