Not happy with Cubase 6! What were they thinking when . . .

I have some gripes!

What were they thinking when they decided to change the look of the waveforms. Their washed out and really difficult to see any details such as Esses when DeEssing. Then the volume box in the centre top is really difficult to see where it is. The overlapping of parts is not obvious from a glance and its also exremely difficult to see if you have crossfades in between audio regions. I feel its SUCH a vast dissimprovement to the look and feel of waveforms in Cubase 5

I also remember a lot of people who were with me in asking for a much better way to see the difference between Audio and Stereo tracks when your creating multiple files. (E.G. Stereo Acoustic Guitar track and an Acoustic DI mono, and then multiple versions of this is difficult to see at a glance which track is the Stereo and Which is the mono). In C5 Mono and Stereo were watermarked into the track but I again found it dark and not as obvious as it could be… so what have they done? … REMOVED the text for mono and stereo and put a tiny dot for mono and two tiny dots for Stereo…come on!

Then they remove the feature where you could assign a new colour to a track by clicking the colour bar to the right of the track as was in C5… why?

Most forum users wanted the mixer to be colourable like you can in protools for easy navigation of large mixes… not done

The designer decides to put a space taking bar across the top of the screen that tells you the current audio format and how much recording time is left. There was nothing wrong with where this was in C5 down at the bottom of the track list… why move it right into eyeline? Its not important enough in my opinion. And as far as I’m aware it can’t be hidden unless I"m corrected here.

Multiple other good features things removed from C5 why?

C6 takes a lot longer to load than C5 and seems to eat up a lot more memory. To the point where its unstable with a lot of my current projects where memory consumption was riding high but C5 will deal with them ok

Why oh why is there so much time and resources invested into re-inventing the User Interface every time theres a release?

I can only agree on this one, especially the waveforms!

Most forum users wanted the mixer to be colourable like you can in protools for easy navigation of large mixes… not done

+1,yeah, I was one of those users, not quit sure if would be true to say “most users” though, unless of course You’ve taken the time to read all treads in the forum one by one (the old one too!)…For Steinberg in fact the amount of those users may still not seem big enough to put this new feature in the main schedule!

Multiple other good features things removed from C5 why?

Could you be a little more specific here please, I am curious with this one as I am still waiting for my upgrade-box to be delivered? What else is missing?

C6 takes a lot longer to load than C5 and seems to eat up a lot more memory. To the point where its unstable with a lot of my current projects where memory consumption was riding high but C5 will deal with them ok

What kind of OS You are running anyway?

…the difference between Audio and Stereo tracks when your creating multiple files

…huh :unamused: :question:

Ah thanks! Will look into that tomorrow! :slight_smile:

It looks nice now, but doesn’t provide enough, and the right Information, yes.

I’m with you on custom color overlays for mixer strips in addition to the color label. I want a new mixer channel type, folder, with the same controls as Folder Tracks do in the project window, with a line on top of the channels to the right bracketing the channels in that folder.

And I’m with you with the visual presentation, which looks nicer, but are a step backwards, information wise…

In general, I like the facelift.

On the other hand :
+1 for the stripes being not as clear
+1 for the sometimes hard to see event volume handle
( Tried all possible slider settings …)
+1 for the colored mixer channels

bye, Jan

Do you think that you could make changes to Cubase and keep everyone happy?

There are a lot of people that welcome the change and have even called it ‘beautiful’

It just goes to show: You can please some people all the time …

:unamused:

Carey

Loving the new GUI here. I separate my channel types by mixer and have a key command for each.

Mixer 1: Audio Channels
Mixer 2: VSTIs
Mixer 3: FX returns, groups

No need for colour coding this way.

Steve

+1 on the new waveforms.

At the very least, please make it an option the first update. Soon :mrgreen:

I´ve always worked with white waveforms, and had to adjust it from black to white :slight_smile: and now the waveforms look like the way Im used to again.

This way is not an option, here …
:frowning:

… might help others, though.

Bredo has answered all the questions, and I would add me to the chorus of those who argue that the new interface and new features are really special.
I do not know if it is a matter of personal taste, but I like the new waveforms. Perhaps you may want to choose a new event transparent, but otherwise I find C6 more mature.
I am sure that the next release will take account of the improvements suggested.
See you in the next “features request” :wink: