Not hearing my MIDI recorded bits anymore!!

Gday All.

Sorry but this is going to sound pretty ambiguous but I hope someone can help with a strange but possibly simple problem. I opened up a project the other day and for some reason the outputs on all the tracks were changed! so I re-routed them which was fine but the ones that I used a Keyboard on (MIDI synth effect type sounds) I can’t hear. All the meters are lighting up, automation faders are going up and down, everything other than sound out of the speakers. I cant show a picture of this coz I’m at the work computer at the moment but my inspector says: Inputs-All MIDI Inputs
Outputs_HALion Sonic SE
Active Outputs says HSSE Main
Im hoping someone can point me in the right direction or at least tell me where to start trouble shooting.
I wish I could let you see more but as I said I can’t upload images on this computer.

Cheers

Quick thought…

Somehow the outputs changed… maybe the actual chosen sounds were lost too?

Regards :sunglasses:

Thanks Prock.

I tried changing the sounds to a different effect but that didn’t work and when i press down on the keys I can see the keys being depressed on the virtual keyboard. I’m trying to avoid deleting and redoing as it was a one take wonder and there is no way I’m going to get it that good again :wink: I am a bit of a novice when it comes to the MIDI type thing and it’s showing. any ideas where to start looking?

Cheers

Just an update. I still don’t know what happened but I decided to add a new track, copy the MIDI data into it select the the same VST, copy the automation and tadah! it works fine! then I deleted the old, apparently not working anymore track and now I’m back to where I was. I didn’t solve the problem but technically it’s not there anymore :wink:

Weird for sure. Glad you fixed it though. :wink:

Regards :sunglasses: