Not one '4-20' reference in the lounge today?

Forum base must be getting old. :slight_smile: :slight_smile: :slight_smile:

{‘-’}

what is a 4-20 reference ?

Dunno, what happened on 20th of April I should know about?

How did you guys become so forgetful? :wink: 420 (cannabis culture) - Wikipedia

Ah I see, both Roel and I are Dutch, we don’t need codewords for weed :wink:.

No one smokes weed except Dutch tourists and some guy in Ohio who apparently accidentally smoked a joint (but didn’t inhale) on a Thursday he thought was the 4th of May (or coulda bin Apron, nah April. Ape Rill, Right.) when it was apparently regalised or sumpn and became the king of Holland.
No one smokes it now.

:laughing:

[quote=“Buchanan”]No one smokes weed except Dutch tourists and some guy in Ohio who apparently accidentally smoked a joint (but didn’t inhale) on a Thursday he thought was the 4th of May (or coulda bin Apron, nah April. Ape Rill, Right.) when it was apparently regalised or sumpn and became the king of Holland.
No one smokes it now.

:laughing:[/quote]

Do not know if this really in full allignment with reality, but it is a guess offcourse.

@Strophoid: Hallo daar. Fijn om iemand uit de buurt tegen te komen! Ik ben wel een Belg, maar bon, dat is bijna even goed. :slight_smile:

kind regards,
R.

I know us Dutchies have this reputation but I’ve never tried it and never will.

@Roel: Oh sorry, ik zag een Nederlandse naam dus ik gokte het er maar op :wink:.

I am reminded of Ringo’s fine lyric (excerpt here)

And I said
“No, no, no, no, I don’t smoke it no more
I’m tired of waking up on the floor
No, thank you, please, it only makes me sneeze
And then it makes it hard to find the door.”

Moral: Use your poison(s) wisely… or they will control you.

Think of Jimi, Janice, Jim, the list goes on and on.

While I believe we should always have the choice… for me… Nothing better than a really clear head. Nothing. :sunglasses:

The Dutchies don’t have this reputation. The tourists do. You can’t do stocktaking of a brown bar after smoking your own stock. Nothing would add up. :mrgreen: In fact it would subtract down.

Seeing as where you live, you’ll appreciate this story. My folks went to a business convention in Maui long, long ago. While there, they purchased souvenir T-shirt for me (16 years old at that time, late 1960’s era). When they presented it to me upon their return, I unfolded it … it was a light tan color with a broad dark brown stripe across the middle … and the outline image of a large cannabis sativa leaf in the center. Instantly recognizable, but made me wonder what the “correct” reaction should be, whether they knew what it was … or maybe it was a test to see if I knew what it was … funny to recall after all these years … loved that shirt … 100% cotton and very comfortable. :mrgreen:

These days we wear hemp shirts with a cotton leaf print :wink:

Come on guys, there’s nothing wrong with the odd ‘fatty’, just don’t do anything silly, like driving :mrgreen: !

Mauri.