Not recognizing input sound - help

OK. I have been reading for several hours now all over the internet and cannot find the solution. I will try to provide every piece of info I can in regards to setup and such as I am about to just say forget this whole situation and give up. I have a Yamaha MW8CX connected through my USB port on my laptop running windows vista. The mixer came with Cubase AI4, which I have updated to the current 4.5.2. In the device setup, under the VST audio system, I have the ASIO DirectX Full Duplex Driver selected. In the ASIO DirectX Full Duplex Driver menu, I have two outputs only showing active, both USB audio codec. Under VST system link, it shows not connected for ASIO Inputs. If I go into the control panel, it shows the input as Microphone(USB Audio Codec) is checked. I can select Digital Mic(Sigma Tel High Definition Audio Codec and and three inputs will show up in the VST system link and such. No matter what I choose, it does not seem to make a difference. The board itself, of course works fine as I can plug in a headset to it and hear everything I do, but cannot get it into Cubase AI4. In the Vista sound setup for USB audio CODEC, I have tried both 1 channel 44100 and 2 channel, but to no avail. I recall having some trouble when I used to have this same setup on my old desktop model, but somehow got it to work. In the control panel for the sound (windows itself), under USB audio CODEC, in the levels tab, it does register a small amount of volume as I make noise into the mic, but, again, cannot get it to in Cubase. Sorry, if this seems jumbled, but I don’t want to be the guy that posts without enough info for others to help. Please, any suggestions, would be GREATLY appreciated. If I can just get the sound into Cubase, I can handle it from there . . .

Never mind. Don’t know what I did, but I got it. Thanks, anyway