I searched all over the net for this and I can’t believe I’m the only one with this issue:
I have Cubase 6.5. I’m trying to set up the stock VST3 compressor to duck the bass when the kick hits. Standard stuff and from what the manual and other online sources say I should simply see the sidechain input on the Kick drum sends as soon as I enable the sidechain button on the compressor. I don’t. Is there some other secret setting I need to enable to see the sidechain input on the Kick drum sends?
Here’s what I did:
- Insert the stock VST3 compressor on the bass channel
- Click the sidechain button (shows reddish)
- Open my Kick drum inspector
- Click on the first open send (not insert)
- Expected: The Groups, Outputs and sidechain inputs
Actual: I only see the Groups and Output submenus.
Anyone else ever see this?