Notational brilliance

I liked your last post. Don’t know if it will make a difference, but since I am always interested in your contribution here, I hope you’ll get all the trust you deserve, and maybe likes can speed up the process!

Trust level 0. Welcome to the Forum, John.

I believe that everyone started with a clean slate once the migration happened. It doesn’t take very long for the strictures to ease sufficiently to where you don’t notice anything anymore.

Thank you, MarcLarcher, notesetter and Romanos401 for your votes of trust! Being the OC that I am, I look forward to the day when I can correct that typo.

1 Like

Unless you are classified at Leader level (rare) one can only edit past posts at a maximum of 30 days. You can find out what your level is at the bottom of the Badges Option in the menu accessed by the parallel lines above between the search magnifying glass and your avatar symbol.

I found it, Derrek, thank you. Probably not going to get to a higher level any time soon, so I’ll just write my posts more carefully in the future.

2 Likes

You’re beaming … thank you!

The oldies are the goodies :slight_smile: if I had a pound for every time I’d come across this in a student composition…

One could certainly look upon academese (or, preferably, academise) as being muscial.

:grinning: Not the first time we have trod the same path, Vaughan. But at least you can go back and correct it if you want. I have to stew in my own juices.
Love the academise. That’s what happens to musical articles written in academese around here; they meet their demise at the hands of my delete key.

Now how many points do I get for this one?

1 Like

At least one - though for me its more Ack!! demise! demise!

Thanks for the “like”, if that was you gdball! Everyone has been more than nice, and I’m not even a Dorico user yet!

But I can take a hint. Farewell…

Not what I meant :slight_smile: Come back to the light, come back to the light… I liked the joke you made.

Sorry gdball. Double confusion. I’m glad you liked Vaughan’s joke and my comment about the demise. I was feeling bad about “how many points” etc. since it sounded like I was asking for more likes, which is pretty obnoxious, and that’s not what I meant at all. In any case, my contribution to this thread might be wearing pretty thin, so I think I should bow out gracefully before they start subtracting points! :grinning: