Note Expression query

My query actually relates to Nuendo 10.5, but refer to Greg Ondo’s excellent videos on the topic: I’ve been struggling with this matter for days, can someone clarify please? Although I can get note expression to work on specific notes using the expression tool CC11 (I only wish to vary cresc. or dim on specific instrument notes from EWQLSO samples), the next note always starts at the same volume/level (?) as the modified note finishes. As an extreme example during an octave scale if I set the middle note to fade right out, the remaining notes don’t play because the volume level (in this case expression level has been turned right down). I should hasten to add that I rarely use a midi keyboard for input as I prefer to create a score offline then import it into the DAW - then alter dynamics manually with the mouse or numerically afterwards.
The problem was resolved when I realised that I needed to set a base expression level in the CC11 controller line at the start which solved the problem (presumably as the CC11 is mimicing a modulation wheel, it has to have a reference level?). I fail to understand why this doesn’t work for me if I don’t set any value in the CC11 lane beforehand as no Youtube videos or the manuals mention this at all so I must be doing something incorrectly??
Please advise? The East West manual alludes to this but recommends setting CC7 at the beginning. Thank you in advance.

Hi,

Could you add some screenshots, please?

How do I add an attachment please?? regards BM

When you add a post look right below where you are typing and click on the tab that is labeled “Attachments”
…V
…V
…V
…V
…V
…V

Hi,

First, you have to click to the “Full Editor & Preview” button bellow the text field. Then you can see the Attachments tab.