Note Grouping for odd tuplets

I was wondering whether we could get some Note Grouping options that apply to odd-numbered tuplets — the sort of options we already have with syncopation.

As of now, Dorico will tie together notes when values larger than the tuplet’s base value are used, which I find to be a bit distant from common practice. These tend to obscure beat grouping and legibility rather than aid it, and I find myself having to force durations very, very often.

Let me know if I’m not being clear; I’ll be able to furnish examples of what I mean later.

Yes, we intend in the fullness of time to make it possible to specify a beat grouping for a tuplet in more or less the same way you can do it for a time signature, by typing something like e.g. “[4+3]:4” into the tuplet popover. Not sure when we will actually have time to do this, however!

Sorry to revive this old thread, but it looks like it’s what I’m looking for. I would like the second “B” in this quintuplet to appear as a 8th note, not as tow tied 16th notes. Possible or not? I couldn’t find the information. Thanks!
Screen Shot.png

Oups, found it “Force Duration”. Didn’t work because I was not re-typing the notes. Now I get it. Thanks!