note repeat MPC style

Not sure if this was already mentioned but Cubase is not a complete workstation without having a dedicated MPC style note repeat function. :open_mouth:

I could just about do everything in Cubase with ease except for the note repeat pressing a single note?

I would like to see a note repeat midi function incorporated to use with all plugins located in the ā€œinspector sectionā€ under the ā€œdrum mapsā€ section.

A box that the user can enter the quantize settings and these settings are entered into the midi region by holding down ONE key on a external instrument or Cubaseā€™s own virtual Keyboard.
Being able to loop and overdub to layer something down. :sunglasses:

This means users like myself donā€™t always have to keep changing the quantize settings on each track, the drum mapping section or have to draw midi notes with the mouse or touch pad as this takes too long. :cry:

Really not feeling the beat designer and Iā€™m not really into routing midi (x) to midi output (y) to trigger note (A) on plugin program number (D) like propeller head reason to get this effect or using a 3rd party plugin, ipad app.

Would be much easier to have this as a dedicated trigger in the inspector with a midi length settings, swing settings and quantize settings that I can midi learn or hit C1 on my keyboard and thatā€™s my kick drum re-triggering and synced to the project.

If there is a link or something already setup for this in Cubase using the Arpache 5, please let me know because I canā€™t find it anywhere :question:

not ideal but maybe midi arpeggio ?

not easy to switch patterns i know but could workā€¦

hello I know your post is old but Iā€™m having the same problem & I would like to know if you found the key?? for my part I saw that with the ā€œapacheā€ midi insert we can do note repeat but I canā€™t assign the step size to a controllerā€¦ moreover, I have an mpc studio which triggers the note repeat in midi mode but only one note is recorded in the cubase container (while it outputs several notes in audio??..

After more than 9 years, theyā€™re still subpar! Despite receiving ample advice for improvement, they seem to overlook the needs of the everyday user, focusing instead on catering to the needs of the film industry and large corporations. For a better option in that regard, consider Studio One 6.

If youā€™re looking for top-notch drumming and MIDI tools, opt for Logic or Ableton. These DAWs are specifically crafted for music creation.