Notepad - import photos

Cubase Notepad is to say the least very basic…

What would be handy is if it could handle photos for all my analogue patching photos… I know their is a third party app but i’d like something a bit smarter and a lot quicker to use - see below !!

I work on a track , I have a fantastic patch on anyone of my analogue synths, I take a photo and send it direct to Cubase via wifi or bluetooth… I don’t want to have to download it on my pc and then upload it to Cubase and fiddle about… I want a quick work flow…

when I upload the photo I get an option of which track on the current open project I am working on the photo/patch belongs… even better down to the segment on a track… To recall it I click on the segment and a key stroke to reveal the photo…

Thanks Steinberg x

1 Like

yes!

@mingwingming What is that app called? Would love to check it out

I use the notepad a lot for writing down notes about the guitars i track. ALl details about the guitar, volume, tone knob etc.

I use an AXE FX II for all my guitars and i would love to be able to store screenshots of the amp settings in Cubase. Even tho I save presets.

What i would suggest is adding the function that all social platforms have these days. By using print screen, you just click CTRL+V to paste the screenshot into the chat. Add this function to the notepad in Cubase too. A super simple function that would be extremely useful. Even for taking screenshots of the session itself, plugin settings, etc! Thumbs up for this function!

Windows also has a “Screen Snip” function which places the image on the clipboard.
I would not mind if the text facility remained as it is (as it works well for what it is supposed to do) but add a new function to hold the captured image.

The Plugin is called “SNAPSHOT” by Non Lethal Applications - its free and it helps massively, but it is basic…

What I would love to do is take a photo of a patch on a synth using my IPhone and send it straight to Cubase to the specific track or even part… recalling patches is so important anyone with Analogue gear etc will find this a godsend…

Also I find myself bouncing a lot of Midi to Audio - I would love a way to bounce the audio and store a link to the original midi file without it cluttering up Cubase main window.