NotePerformer 3 Trial crashes Dorico 2 on opening

I downloaded the NotePerformer trial yesterday, installed on my Windows machine (with no notation programs open), restarted.
I opened Dorico 2, set up a new project from the Solo Piano template, waited for Halion to load and typed a couple of notes in.
I switched to Play mode, hit Play > Playback Template, selected NotePerformer and hit OK.

The next things happen, in this order:
The NotePerformer splash screen appears
A NotePerformer Trial dialog appears, and I click OK
A NotePerformer window appears, entirely white but for a small blue bar along the top, with a few icons and a dropdown.
Another dialog appears stating “VSTAudioEngine has stopped working. A problem caused the program to stop working correctly. Windows will close the program and notify you if a solution is available”. I have no choice but to click to “Close program”.
My Dorico window gets a (Not Responding) tag, and I have to close the program.

I’ve reinstalled NotePerformer a couple of times, restarted the computer a handful of times, and tried applying to existing projects rather than new ones.

Where am I going wrong?

edit: Dorico Diagnostics attached
Dorico Diagnostics.zip (288 KB)

If it’s the VSTAudioEngine.exe process that’s crashing, I suggest you email the diagnostics folder to u dot stoermer at steinberg dot de with a link to this thread and see what he can suggest.

It would also be a good idea to try updating your audio device drivers, just in case.

UPDATE: I let Windows 10 do some updates that it’s been pestering me about for a couple of weeks. It seems to have fixed the problem! Many thanks, Daniel.