Noteperformer doesn't appear as Playback Template option

Hi. I run Dorico 2.2.20 with Noteperformer 3.3.2 on Windows 10.
Noteperformer tells me to choose it as a “Playpack template”, but it doesn’t appear as an option in that menu. Old files (made on my previous computer) play back via Noteperformer as always, despite not being visible in the menu. But if I make a new file, I can’t make it play back through Noteperformer. Any ideas?

there’s a fairly common problem (now quickly resolvable in most cases) where the NP plug-in is blacklisted by Dorico. However that would mean that you couldn’t play back old files either. Is this something that has been present since the beginning on your new computer? Did you try reinstalling?

To be honest, the playback side has improved so much with the current 3.5 version (I myself only moved to Dorico with v. 3 as I found playback inadequate before that ) , I’d really be tempted to have a go with the trial for the current version and see if that fixes your issue. I expect others will give the same advice.

If you’re sure you don’t want to upgrade for any reason – perhaps you only use NotePerformer and don’t need any of the many new features --, then it’s probably best to wait for one of the team or older member who’s more familiar with v.2 issues to chip in.

Welcome to the forum, @jonhalvorland. Could you please do Help > Create Diagnostic Report and upload the zip file that is created on your desktop so that we can take a look at the logs and see if there’s any obvious misconfiguration?