Noteperformer for iPad?

Does anyone know if this is possible or will be in the future? With the new Dorico iPad app it would be amazing to have that option

2 Likes

Yes, that would be a great option. One can only hope.

Arne was fairly sure a few years ago an IOS version wouldn’t be worth his while. I hoping this might change his mind. It would certainly add considerable polish to the Dorico app.

4 Likes

I’m surprised D,F,or S havn’t tried to gobble him up and make it an exclusive default. Would probably be worth the money and effort since it’s universally lauded as a huge improvement over current stock options.

2 Likes

I’ve thought this for years. And to my ears, D needs his help the most, and it’s not close.

2 Likes

Kom igen Arnta! Please take our money!:heart_eyes:

1 Like

Yeah, I was just wondering this as the built in library is pretty rough for brass. The tuba sounds like a blatty bass trombone, and the bass trombone sounds like a really depressed horn player getting used to a big mouthpiece…

I would love for NotePerformer on the iPad with Dorico!

Nooo! Don’t say that! Someone will get ideas!

I’m sure they’ve long had the idea. When official developers encourage people go buy this 3rd party product because it makes the main product that much better? I’m not stating anything novel, that’s for sure. If I had to guess, from Steinberg’s end, they’ve already invested a royal yacht’s worth of resources in the development of Dorico, so I’d imagine they are leery of an acquisition on top of that, especially if it entailed additional burden on the development team. In any event, the developer of NP has to be willing to sell, anyway, and I certainly can’t speak for his frame of mind.

1 Like

I think the fact that NP belongs to Arne is one of the motivating factors for the excellent work he has done over the years. Having him as an employee of Steinberg (in addition to jeopardizing connections with Finale and Sibelius) would likely not be the same for him, and NP without Arne’s leadership and inspiration would be next to nothing.

NP for iPad Dorico would be great, but that is and should be up to Arne.

4 Likes