Novation Impulse Transport controls fail

I swear I posted about this before, but I can’t find it now and it’s driving me nuts.

After awhile running C7 with Novation Impulse controller, I’m suddenly unable to use faders and knobs and the transport controls.

A full reboot of everything seems to fix it, but I’m wondering if there’s a better way to get the two talking again other than a reboot of Cubase.

Did you try midi reset first ?
Did you check to make sure you novation was still listed in devices ?
Have you turned off sleep for usb devices in the power option if on windows ?

Yes, I’ve checked into all those things - it’s sporadic, and the keyboard continues to work as expected - only the faders, knobs and transport controls go away. Sigh.

and you have definitely disabled all “sleep” functions in your power management ?

Hi Salientdigital,

Thanks for your email.

What is your operating system and which version of the Novation USB driver have you installed?

Are you connected to a hub at all? If so please remove this and connect the Impulse directly to a dedicated port using the supplied cable. Eventually try another cable and or port.

Do you use any further devices or software? Make sure to remove/ close all these and use only the minimum required to operate with your Impulse.

Please let me know, if I can be of any further assistance to you.

With best regards,

Marcel // Focusrite Novation Support