Novation Launchkey Mini with Dorico - custom keys?

Hi all, my first post here and I’m new to Dorico.
I have a Novation Launchkey Mini and the keyboard words fine for MIDI input. I’ve also see that certain featues in Dorico can be set up with ‘MIDI Learn’ but I have a few questions

1. Is it possible to set up a single button on the midi controller to toggle start/stop playback and recording?
  2. Is it possible to set a sequence of keys, and/or to have keys context sensitive, for exmaple I’d like to use the analgue dials to control volume in the mixer, or the scrub playback
  3. Is it possible to set up the pads to play the drum line?
  4. Is there a Dorico USB driver where I could maybe create my own device to do the above?

Welcome to the forum, Anthony.

The answer to all but one of your questions depends on what level of customisation is possible for the buttons on your Launchkey Mini. The one that doesn’t concerns the rotary or fader controls on your device: there’s currently no way to map these on to the Mixer or scrub playback. For the others, if you can customise what MIDI notes or MIDI CC values are sent when you use those pads or buttons, you should be able to set things up.

2 Likes