Novice Q: MIDI Note Scaling in the Key Editor?

Hey, newbie question here:

How would I scale an entire selection of MIDI notes in time?

Problem:
When I record my (poor) keyboard playing in Cubase, I often don’t play in time and wind up playing comfortably at another tempo. While I can record with a click track, I just don’t enjoy playing at a consistent tempo even though I desire such perfection in MIDI.

I’m always so disheartened to find that I have to reposition and resize every note, one at a time, to get them to line up properly in the project tempo. It takes a lot of time to fix the notes, and it’s very frustrating when I believe that a simple scaling function would do the job in seconds. I just know there has to be some way to make this less painful! I can’t be the only terrible pianist around here who has experienced the same issue. :stuck_out_tongue:

For an example of what I’m talking about, here’s a link to a visual from another DAW’s key editor [link]. I find the tool very handy, but I don’t know an equivalent procedure in Cubase.

Even If the key editor can’t do that in any way, I would appreciate any tips related to dramatic tempo variation correction in MIDI! Well, besides learning to play my instrument better. Instant gratification is key here.

Hi,

From the project window;
In the toolbar click the little arrow below the arrow tool and select ‘sizing applies time stretch’

Ah, perfect! Thank you for taking the time to read all that and reply, that was most helpful. :smiley: