now that 1.1 is out, any dealbreakers left?

Here are my top ‘deal breakers’, in random order:

\

1. Piano fingerings

2. Proper control/editing/entering of automation (of dynamics, vibrato etc) in Kontakt instruments

3. Real time midi recording

4. A complete list of all the key commands with a description of what they do is missing

5. It’s not possible to authorise Dorico on both a laptop and a non-laptop without using a dongle

6. Dorico should have an additional option which would let us transpose one note (with the mouse or a key command) and automatically also hear all the other chord notes in the same polyphonic instrument

7. Idea Hub

8. One should be able to drag notes up /down in pitch (chromatically and/or diatonically) using a mouse

9. One should be able to drag notes left/right (in time) using a mouse

10. I miss a key command which lets me go to next chord on a track - that will let us hear the full chord, not only one note at a time

11. Reassigning key commands also requires too many steps (and I’d like to reassign a lot of them).

12. It should IMO be easier to split imported piano music into to two separate clefs after it has been imported.

I’d add one more - a harp patch for the playback. Right now I have to shuttle back and forth between Dorico and Sibelius ( I hate to think what this is doing to my brain…), as there is no harp patch. Instead it uses the guitar sound, which is awful. I will still finish the typeset in Dorico, and for me I feel it is the best way forward. But, there are times when a modest playback is helpful, and this is one of them.

Not really a deal breaker, as I have already signed on.

I know that this functionality exists. But it just doesn’t seem to be working on my copy of Dorico…

Make sure you select something that belongs to the staff, such as a note, local meter or text object. Selecting system objects (global meter, system text ++) and rests won’t work.

For me, the main problem is the playback. The correspondence between the Expression Maps and the articulations (duplicated words mapping to the same articulation for instance), mapping of the symbols, not only words, into the Expression Maps and so on.

I already said this but I want to repeat it: I’d even pay again if Dorico would be able to correctly play everything :frowning:

Playback wasn’t a dealbreaker for me just because I thought that it was going to work correctly (I bought Dorico the first day).

Ah, interesting. I just found out, that with scores that I start from scratch in Dorico, this “(re-)size” function is working perfectly fine.
Just with files, where I import the note input via XML from another program, the “(re-)size” function won’t work. Hmmmm… What could the reason be for this?

Can you post the xml here?