Nt enough resources for this device

I am pretty nerdy but do not know what to do about this issue. seems every time I boot Cubase I get this pop up at the bottom that says “There are not enough resources for this usb device. please connect the device to a different port”.

How do I find out what port or device this prompt is talking about?

Thanks,

How do I find out what port or device this prompt is talking about?

You unplug stuff until it goes away :wink:

Are you running all 3 of those bus powered midi interfaces off the computer? Seems a likely place to start looking.

Well if they don’t all show up and then I unplug them and plug them back in until they show up in “devices” they do not always show up in Cubase, and if they do show up they sometimes show up unidentified.

I Think I have solved this however and here is how.

I talked to my tech buddy and he made me aware that all usb ports on a computer com in pairs and each pair is really connected to a single connection on the mother board. So I condensed my connections from 7 to 5 and made sure that I used a single hub for all the midi interfaces and put this on one of a pair not connecting anything to the other connection of that pair.

This has made things much more reliable. Of course it’s only been a day or so but it seems everything is showing up in the same order so far. This definitely helped with the connection to my 3 motu Express 128 devices.

My elicenser and ilok are not quite as happy that they now live on a hub and not on the back of the machine, but I suspect the machine will know where to look for them once it has been trained for a few more weeks.

My elicenser and ilok are not quite as happy that they now live on a hub and not on the back of the machine, but I suspect the machine will know where to look for them once it has been trained for a few more weeks.

You can run something like these to clean up old references to usb devices that have been moved:

https://code.google.com/p/usboblivion/
http://www.portablefreeware.com/?id=1543

Thank you.

I fixed my issues with a pcie card for usb2.

it seems the midi interfaces did not like usb3