Nuage Question & Nuendo Question

Nuage Question: Does the hardware work with folders in the software? Folders are, apparently, invisible in the Eucon protocol.

Nuendo Question: PT has a feature in their preferences section that allows you to select & store your favorite “go to” EQ or Compressor plugin right in the channel, thus eliminating the need to use inserts. Does Nuendo have an equivalent option?

My preset templates have Pro Q2 as inserts in the first slot of every channel, I have a key command for open plugin in slot 1, so it’s really easy to open my fav. EQ.

You mean this? The visibility function in the mixer?

Fredo

No. I’m asking if the folder shows up on the hardware anywhere. If I scroll to the drum folder in Nuendo, there is no evidence of it on my Control MC or Mix. I was wondering if it was the same in Nuage or if there was an actual block that showed up on the Master Controller identifying a folder, the same as it does for identifying a specific track.

Never mind. I just saw a video of the MC with the folders in view on the touch screen. He could toggle the screen view to open and close the folder tracks. I wish there was some version of that on mine. But considering the price difference…

I think it’s the same for Nuage.
You can see the folders, you can scroll through them, you can open and collapes them, you can make them visible or invisilbe, and assign them to zones. All this can be done on the hardware, and any manipulation also reflects on the hardware. So if you make a folder invisible, the faders will become invisible, etc …
Unless I am misunderstanding your question.

Fredo

Keyplayer,
on wich video did you see evidence of an MC with folder tracks on the touchscreen?
I own an MC Pro as well as a MC Control, and neither shows folder tracks on the tracks overview on their touchscreens, and I would (just like you) be very happy to have folder tracks on the touchscreens.

Niek/ Amsterdam.

I was talking about the Nuage MC, not Euphonix. The video was a tutorial on the master controller of Nuage. That’s why I said never mind. The feature doesn’t exist on the Euphonix hardware (certainly not on the Artist Series! We didn’t even get the scroll strip on the tracks page! :cry: ).

Can you do that plug-in preference option with Nuage?

Please explain.

Fredo

It was the Nuendo Question part of the thread.

Nuendo Question: > PT has a feature in their preferences section that allows you to select & store your favorite “go to” EQ or Compressor plugin right in the channel, thus eliminating the need to use inserts. Does Nuendo have an equivalent option?

I can’t really judge how you want it to work.
You can make a “favorites” list in the plugin dropdown menu, but from what I see you don’t want to get bothered by having to insert these plugins.
I use Track presets for my “toGo” vocal path, etc …

Fredo

The question had no bearing on how I wanted it to work. I just wondered if we had an equivalent feature.

I have absolutely no problem dealing with inserts. I have programmed my MC to auto-load directly to any insert slot I want. I can also auto-delete the plugin, when I change my mind. It works very well. All I wanted to know was if there was a way to plugin my Neve Compressor right into the channel’s dynamics section, or my Cambridge EQ right into the the channel’s EQ slot like you can in Pro Tools. If you can’t, you can’t and I’m fine with that.

Regarding the “Plugin Dropdown Menu,” are you referring to the plugin manager window? That’s a great tip! I just built a favorites folder of my “go to” plugs. This will definitely come in handy! Thanks! :mrgreen:

Didn’t know you can do that in PT, but it sure isn’t possible within Nuendo.

Regarding the “Plugin Dropdown Menu,” are you referring to the plugin manager window? I’m not sure where this favorites menu is located.

You can make a collection of your favorite plugins.

See operation manual page 705.

Fredo