Nuage Question

If a KB is almost only needed on the Nuage to write words…
is it possible to use or implement something like a voice recognition software?

like: choose field, keep left mouse button pressed and enter word(s) with talkback mic?
Might be a nice gimmick for KB user, too …

Big K

I use one of these for my quick navigation. It won’t take up too much room either… IT isn’t a mouse but a macro controller and i use the 6 degree axis knob as navigation. Swapping tracks with a tilt fwd or backward… scrubbing while twisting. Zooming while pulling up or pushing down etc.

Here is a post i describe what I’m doing along with setup files if your interested.
I even use this thing to web browse… Very handy device. Not just for 3d

CJ,

does the SpacePilot support different timings on the macros, i.e. slow output? I have a dedicated keyboard by PrehKeytech that does macros for me, and it allows me to slow them down (since Nuendo’s own won’t execute properly). I’m seriously considering this as an alternative to my Contour Shuttle Pro actually…

Also, for anyone else reading I recommend going to the official website of the SpacePilot and check out a short animation of how the “stick” works, because the text isn’t 100% intuitive unless you work with 3D stuff I think.

Yes the knob is a 6 axis controller so you have movements like:
Pull UP, Push Down, Slide left, slide right, slide forward, slide back, tilt forward, tilt backward, tilt left, tilt right, twist counterclockwise, twist clockwise. It gives you so many functions to assign its great!
I never use the keyboard when editing. wacom pen in one had and 3d connection in left hand. VERY fast editing!
I will be adding a new Wacom Cintiq this year so will have not only pen but on screen touch. in addition to the 3d connextion controller.

All macros i have tried with Nuendo i have not needed any timing stuff so far. You can put pauses in the macros as well it might be good for timing stuff. Having said that you can type in the pause length you desire too etc.
Like this:

great! thx

Using this on a remix of Roxette’s - Crash! Boom! Bang!, wouldn’t be a good idea …
:slight_smile:

Fredo

Yeah! That might be interesting… lol…

But, seriously… it could be a time saver.
I remember my old spectral recording system. There, e.g., you could klick on a button and enter
a KB shortcut w/o having to go in another menue. That was quite convenient, already.

Now, clicking on a word field and enter the text by speech seems useful to me, too.
Of course, there are many other more important things to implement or to fix…
like larger click areas, no hidden stuff and better recognizable labeling on gray buttons, for example.

Big K, still on 5.5

Hehe … we don’t need Nuage anymore.

Now we mix with HoloLens included in Windows 10 :wink:

Edit: Windows 10 is free the first year for 7 and 8 users. Hope, Nuendo 7 will run on Win10 …

Great; like cocaine for the ADD generation. At least I don’t foresee any increased number of traffic accidents… or do I???

(PS: Google Glass anyone?)

Hi, struggling a bit with the newly bought Nuage…

When you install Tools, it says nothing about Dante Infrastructures in the manual but it seems it won’t run without it, is this correct?

I’ve removed the Dante card after all the trouble started so now I’m back on RME.

(Why isn’t there a Nuage forum anywhere…)

Yes, the Dante install is part of the packages, just let it install. (Anyway, if you want to avoid installing the Dante stuff, you need to abord the installation).
Don’t forget to install the workgroup manager …

No Dante here, all RME. No problems.

Fredo

Maybe you can find any clues here Fredo…

When I was finished installing the Nuage system I got into problems from the first time I opened Nuendo.(on a system that’s been problem free for 4 years…)

Whenever I play back I get a CPU spike (100%) that lasts for 5 seconds, or more ,freezes all audio and video and this also forces the Nuage to restart on it’s own. :confused:

So I started going backwards again searching for the culprit, and the first attempt was removing Dante and reinstalling RME. That didn’t help and in the end I had uninstalled and removed everything and should theoretically be back to the way it was before I started, but the problems are still there. Happens regardless if the project is local or from a server.

So something is still in there making problems, anything you can think of?

Cheers, Alex

Not sure I understand you.
So you changed your hardware too? Since you say you have switched to Dante. !?
All this has nothing to do with Nuage.

What you first need to do is create a good working system, either with RME hardware or with Dante hardware.
Once that is running well, then just add Nuage (Workgroup manager & tools), and you are in business.

Are you sure you have selected the correct audio driver in Nuendo?

Fredo

Because of the problems i removed the Dante audio system, so I’m now using the RME that I’ve always had.

But this is obviously not the reason for the problems in Nuendo.

I had a good working system, but somewhere in the process of adding Nuage the problems started. :wink:

I can only recommend to take one step at the time.
Make sure that your system is working correctly.
Then add the Nuage Workstation & Tools.

The Nuage drivers have no relation with your sound system. They do not control any of your hardware, neither do they interfere with it. The Nuage drivers connect the Nuendo software with the Nuage hardware, that’s all.
In other words, if you remove your Nuage drivers, your system should perform exactly the same.

Allow me to ask again. Have you chosen the correct audio driver in Device Setup/VST Audio sysstem?

Fredo

Hi, thanks,

Hammerfall DSP is set as device/ASIO so that is correct I believe?

Yeah, that is correct.

New Nuage Question: Does Nuage offer VCA control via the hardware components, even though the VCA features aren’t due in the DAW until Nuendo 7?

No, there is no DSP of any kind in Nuage.

Fredo

FWIW, I installed Nuage Tools including the Dante install on my existing and perfectly working N6.5 system with RME MADI. No performance problems for me. Nuendo worked exactly as before.

Sorry you’re having issues, but I thought it would be helpful to say that the Nuage install kit did not affect my RME based Nuendo system. So it is possible to get there. I would uninstall all of it and go again. Make sure and read all of the install info, if you have not.