Nuage User Commands

Can any Nuage Users tell me where the User Commands (.XML File) are stored? I need to back them up and export them over to a second PC.

I couldn’t find anything in the Manual nor did I find anything in the Yamaha Nuage App Folder. Can anybody walk me through the process?

It’s called setup.xml. I’ve done two Nuage installs and it installed to different locations each time! My current one is in my User folder. IIRC the first time I installed it it went into the Nuage extension folder within Nuendo. It also didn’t help that for some reason it also installed a second version that didn’t get written to with the exact same name (redundant default backup?) in my app data folder.

Pretty easy to find the right one - just make an edit to your control layout and save it & do a search in Windows for setup.xml & order by date.

There is also a DAWsetup.xml & a Defaults.xml in the same location - you’ll need to back both of those up too.

1 Like

Thanks a lot! :smiley:
Are these the correct addresses?

C:\Users\User\AppData\Roaming\Yamaha\NUAGE Workgroup Manager\wgm\setting .XML

C:\Users\uSER\AppData\Roaming\Steinberg\Yamaha NUAGE Extension_64\dawSetup.XML

C:\Users\User\AppData\Roaming\Steinberg\Yamaha NUAGE Extension_64\Defaults.XML

Well the ones in my AppData weren’t getting overwritten. The ones that were getting overwritten were in my Nuage Extensions_64 folder in the main Nuendo folder on the first install then on the second install they were in my documents/Steinberg/ folder (forget the sub folder, will confirm when I’m in the studio).

Re-program a Nuage button and save the current config from the Nuage Tools menu then do a Windows search for defaults.xml and see which file (if there re several) matches the ‘last modified on’ time/date.

Let me confirm the exact locations of mine when I get in the studio (I’ve had a few days off).