Nuage

Lets be honest Producer wont give a sh%^$ what you have as long as you say yes we use Pro Tools and Nuendo and look at all the pretty flashing lights…

True!

Hi Timo any update on pricing please?

Sorry guys but this is crazy. Why have you not released any Pricing yet? You get the DAW communities attention and have the spot light on Steinberg for all of 2-3 days and then let it go off the boil. This is product launch suicide. No matter how good any new product is people want to know “How Much”.

When Apple release iphone 5 its here are the cool new features and here is the price when Toyota launch a new car they say The Price. But no not Steinberg we are to cool for that

Your marketing Dept needs to be fired.

Where’s the big launch, where’s the big name endorsement, Hans Zimmer uses Cubase Heaps, Big name post house… Where’s the Price, Where’s the competition to win one, When can we buy one, Create the hype…???

Its now a month later and people especially the US market will be like "Oh yeah what happened to that new controller… yawn

I get all your Steinberg email news updates each week and its not even in them. THAT’S YOUR OWN COMMUNITY!

Marketing 101

Nicely said. +1 - Same for Nuendo 6 price…

Please can we have an update on Nuage

While we wait for Nuage news, there is a new Nuendo/Cubase controller (using the Steinberg controller SDK, not HUI) - Grande, by DevilTechnologies. Looks impressive. Price is around $6500 per module. Starting point would be less than the rumored starting point price for Nuage.

I like the form factor of Nuage better for my needs, but Grande seems more of a full console, and hence possibly a better investment.

Just a bit of a nudge to Yamaha to think about how to price Nuage…

What does it say about a company that wont even comment in the official forum about its up coming product to its users? I’ve given up I’ll spend my money else where. I bet Nuage never even comes out

See Ya :confused:

I’m guessing they did not attend. I agree with you guys. DevilTech looks more like a large format console and Nuage like a small to medium room controller. But the DevilTech may be modular though which will allow you to scale it down (in depth).

Plus, DevilTech actually started a thread about making a lower cost smaller version and asked for input.

I’d be torn between the two.

Some oil to boiling hell :slight_smile:

According Mix magazine January 2013, p. 54:

Yamaha and Steinberg (yamahaca.com) have co-laborated on and released the Nuage post-production console ($18,000), a recording and control system…

Article does not specify what is included in this setup.

They were there. I didn’t see what they were pushing, but they had their typical multi-booths.

Didn’t have time to drop in at Steinberg either-- too many old pals and other distractions, not to mention the noise (they don’t call it NAMM for nothing). It was really something to see how the Universal Audio booth has grown over the years-- I got my first card the first year they presented. They had a little buzz that year, but were in a tiny corner.

They were plush and packed!

Chewy

Just heard Nuage has been scraped and wont be released

April 1st is about three weeks from now…

What’s that got to do with anything?

I assumed you were joking. Were you not?

Nope not joking talked to a guy who said he had heard it likely to not be released because of bad response from the industry especially America. Which really is a shame but really the blame is at Steinberg not marketing it right. I meant its almost 5 months since the annoucment and still no release date, price, demo, mention in the hardware forum or any.comment at all since november. Seems to me he could be right. Hope he is not but…

Well, some other guy, who heard it from someone who knows someone in Germany told me that they are waiting for a box of bolts (manufactured in the US) which is blocked by US customs under the suspicion of smuggling sensitive technology out of the counrty. Without these bolts, which are crucial for assembly of Nuage, everything is blocked. That is what I have been told…

Fredo

Yes, that this is 100% Steinberg - Best products/Worst marketing :stuck_out_tongue:

I can get you a great deal for this before it hits the market big time:

Let me know if you’re interested in it. My buddy is selling one.

Just heard Nuage has been scraped and wont be released

Nuage system shown in the latest Argosy ad in Mix Magazine and a full page Nuage ad in the latest AudioMedia.

Maybe he meant “scraped and won’t be released until it’s healed.” Never know what that pesky delete key’s going to chop out…

:wink:

Chewy