Nuendo 10.2.10 crashes on MB writer (not on auto save)

Hello group

This is what happens:

• I import clips from another project or I do a track import
  • I don’t press save
  • Nuendo auto-saves after 5 minutes and crashes, there is no backup project from that import I just made

When I save the project my self after I do an import, there is no problem with auto save.

Any ideas?

Best, Alan

Hi,

Could you attach the *.crash file, please?

Mac: macOS Console utility > User Reports folder (or ~user/Library/Logs/Diagnostic Reports).

Hi Martin

See attached file from crash this morning.

Best, Alan
Nuendo 10_2020-03-10-092847-studio-2.crash (162 KB)

Hi,

The crash is in MediaBay, while writing… Do you remember the steps you did?

Hi Martin

I can’t remember if I was actively using Mediabay, perhaps it was open in the background. We have a lot of crashes on this system (the other 2 Nuendo10 systems are more stable), so I checked the last 22 crash logs between yesterday and the 11th of February and all of them give the ‘MB data writer’ crash. I know for sure I wasn’t’t using Mediabay with most of them. Most of the time it crashed while editing after importing

Best, Alan

Hi,

I’m thinking, if rescanning of the whole media would help here.

Hi Martin

Thanks for the help sofar.

I did a rescan, so I let you know if that helps.

The other thing is that I notice that I also have crashes that do not file a crash report…

Best, Alan

I keep having crashes, 2 this morning, both on the MB data writer. I did the rescan of all active folders in Mediabay.

The last one (attached) it crashed Nuendo on opening a project, so there was no activity beside Nuendo opening that project. After the crash I can open that project without problem and I can see that Mediabay is not active in that project…

Any suggestions?

Best, Alan
Nuendo 10_2020-03-20-124749.crash (163 KB)

Hi,

I have just reported this to Steinberg CAN-28414.

Thanks Martin, much appreciated.

Best, Alan