Nuendo 10.2.20 Video frozen bug

The video in N10.2 freezes and never runs along with the audio track.

It simply freezes on a frame and stays there, while the audio keeps playing.

Am I the only one with this bug?

EDIT: if I “Pause}, and then press “Play”, the video advances to the pause location, and freezes again,
while the audio keeps playing.

Happened to me sometimes in some frames. Say, in a 5-minute video, it happened from 1 minute to 1.5 minute mark. The same video, even when exported from Nuendo(:joy:), does not freeze in any other player like VLC or something else.

By the way, I made sure of the latest graphics, Windows 10, Nuendo 10 etc-updates.
But, no success. It feels just ridiculous.

In the past I sometimes had these issues with my clients’ QuickTime-videos which had heavy compression on a particular frame or on a particular sequence.

Nowadays I usually convert all my clients’ videos to a DNxHD 36 Mbit/sec and that solved the issues.
At least: when I use conversion from “DNxER” by ER Media Toolkit, the issues sometimes re-appear, but when I use conversion from “MPEG Streamclip”, I have no issues at all… :confused: I don’t know why.

In order to play DNxHD videos properly in Nuendo you have to (buy and) install the DNxHD Decoder from Steinberg.

I don’t know if this solves your issues, but maybe you can “investigate” the type of compression of your clients’ video and the load on your CPU during this particular frame or sequence? From the load on your CPU you can at least tell what is happening in your computer during the video…

Niek/ Amsterdam.

I agree entirely. DAW’s do not seem efficient with video graphic subsystem management. Protools works so well because has a nice integration with hardware, edition software, codecs etc…(provided that you rigorously follow the Avid hardware rig specs requirements). The paradigm in Mac could be Logic because of QuickTime hardware integration (QT also uses efficiently processors and video graphic cards). For instance, in my computer (i9 8 core processor and two Vega graphic cards) the same video 4K file is perfectly played in Logic and DP (both QT apps based) but Nuendo video player is not able to do it. My workaround is rescale to FHD and use ProRes lite/proxy codec.
I also advice you to look for a suitable codec for your computer specs… :unamused:

Spent my whole weekend transcoding video trying to get it to play on N10.3/Windows 10, and this is the only thing that worked:

"Nowadays I usually convert all my clients’ videos to a DNxHD 36 Mbit/sec and that solved the issues.
At least: when I use conversion from “DNxER” by ER Media Toolkit, the issues sometimes re-appear, but when I use conversion from “MPEG Streamclip”, I have no issues at all… :confused: I don’t know why.

In order to play DNxHD videos properly in Nuendo you have to (buy and) install the DNxHD Decoder from Steinberg."

Thanks dude.

TWIMC: Can this get fixed already? I have another job coming up…

Nuendo 10.3 seems to fix a lot of these issues, give it a go and see if it fixes yours.

Also, what works for me is setting the videos to play windowed. Fullscreen gave me a lot of headaches, but windowed most seemed to work perfectly.