Thanks for the reply, but I’ve got a few questions.
- ‘select desired track’ - Are you saying to select the track I want to paste/fill the automation to or the track I want to copy the automation from
- ‘place cursor to source automation location’ - Are you referring to the ‘cursor’ or are you referring to a range selection?
- ‘mixer - store snapshot’ - Are you referring to the command 'Save Mix Console Snapshot?
- select destination clip - Are you referring to a range selection of the destination clip, or are you saying to select it with the object selection tool?
- recall stored snapshot - The only ‘recall’ commands I can find are ‘recall cycle marker 1-x’ Is this by chance called something else?
-When you refer to pressing the ‘p’ button on the respective lane, what exact command are you referring to? Because for me ‘p’ will select the track above whatever track is currently selected, and I’m not sure that’s what you mean to do.
Apologies for all the questions here, but Nuendo seems to act quite differently depending on some of these scenarios. I.E., whether you’ve selected a clip with the range tool or the object selection tool then you will get different behaviors.
And just to confirm that the goal I’m trying to reach is the ability to take automation values (in this case it send automation), where the automation is ‘exact’ to the underlying clip, and paste that automation with the same values to another clip so that the automation is ‘exact’ to the new underlying clip.
The attachment below is what I’m trying to achieve, with fewer clicks and the ability to quickly move through checkerboarded dialogue. You can see that on both events the automation is ‘exact’ to the underlying clip, and on both clips, the automation value is the same.