Nuendo 10.3 Move Cursor

Nuendo 10.3 contains all the functions of Cubase Pro 10.5, but why there is no function of “ALT + Shift + mouse click” to quickly move the cursor. This method is very efficient when editing audio and using VariAudio.

If Nuendo 10.3 has this function, how to set it.

Hi,

Thank you, reported to Steinberg.

You need to set this in the prefs / Tools Modifier

Hi,

Are you sure? Which entry exactly should it be in the Preferences > Editing > Tool Modifiers?

There is the Preferences > Transport > Locate when Clicked in Empty Space option, but this works without the Alt+Shift modifiers. If this preference is disabled, you should be able to call this function by using this Alt+Shift way. But in the Tool Modifiers, I can’t see a relevant entry.

There is the Preferences > Transport > Locate when Clicked in Empty Space option。 I’ve set this option, but it’s not easy to use. For example, in multi track mixing, there is no blank space in many cases。
After canceling this option, there is no way to use “Alt + Shift + mouse click”。
After testing, this function is only available in Cubase Pro 10 and above

In the prefs/Tools Modifier you can assign the Set Position under the Select Tool.
Isn’t that what you’re looking for? I use Shift to click anywhere while playing.

Thank you very much. I found the settings you said, which really solved my big problem.

In the prefs/Tools Modifier you can assign the Set Position under the Select Tool.

Mac users:
I seriously wonder how you have distributed your Tool Modifier-keys across the Select Tool?
I’m asking you this because on my (Mac-)systems the Control key can’t be assigned to any Tool Modifier because when I click with the Control key held down, Nuendo’s Tool pop-up menu momentarily appears, so it looks like the Control keys “is occupied” which renders it useless to be assigned as a Tool Modifier.
Is there a way to unassign the Control key from Nuendo’s (momentarily) Tool pop-up menu, in order to use the Control key as 1 of the Modifier keys?

Any help welcome. Thanks!
Niek/ Amsterdam.

That’s right, I tried to use the Shift (as I mentioned earlier) but it kept me from using it to select multiple events, so because we can’t use Control, I opted for Option/Command together, I’d still prefer using Control but, as you said, unless there’s a way to disable the Tools from appearing.
For now, Option/Command works.

Thanks

Thanks for confirming the fact that the Control key can’t be unassigned from showing the momentarily Tools-menu.

Is this a bug which needs to be reported to Steinberg? Or is this a feature “as designed?”
There are 8 commands in the Tool Modifier setup-page for the Select Tool, and when one leaves the Control key aside, there are only 7 key combinations possible, which, I think, is quite a pity.

Thanks.
Niek/ Amsterdam.