Nuendo 10.3 Multiprocesses- Bug?

It’s an PRIME Z390-A - but as I say I think your issue is elsewhere…I’m not suggesting you’re doing anything wrong or that you’ve misinstalled anything but I’m suggesting you have something with dodgy drivers or badly written code (apart from Nuendo :smiley: )

Only way to find out it to remove some stuff until it works - last thing you removed was the culprit.

Thank you dr.
I checked on Amazon, and it is a simple but obviously stable card for you.
The reason I am suspecting my motherboard is because I noticed issues with some of the USB ports.

If I update my computer now, it would be a Z490, which would make my PCI cards useless, which would send me
on a shopping spree for a more recent CPU and peripherals that I can’t afford right now.

Anyhow, with this thread I was just testing the waters to see if I was alone with the repeat Nuendo TSR. It looks like I am.

I will try one more thing, which is to uninstall and reinstall Nuendo 10.3.
I hate to do that because reinstalling always throws off old Nuendo and Cubase versions that I sometimes use,
like a client waiting to just touch up an old project.

Yes, it does the same here, and it has been reported numerous times.

Windows 7 here and N10.3 exits cleanly every time. I have never seen a Nuendo process remain resident since moving to N10.3. Was a constant with all N10 variants before 10.3.

So it is definitely not an inherent issue with Win 7.

Yes, it does the same here, and it has been reported numerous times.

Ok, so I am not the only one with this issue then.