Nuendo 11 and Dolby Atmos

Hi,

I’ve just updated to Nuendo 11, and it’s great. I have only a simple question on the new Dolby Atmos workflow in Nuendo 11:

Is Nuendo able to render “out of the box” with Dolby Atmos in 96kHz, or do I need the Dolby Atmos Production Suite for that?

Any hints or insights on this issue would be much appreciated.

All the best,
António

Hi António

The Nuendo Dolby Atmos renderer in N11 only supports 48khz and you need a ASIO buffer size of 512 samples.

IIRC Atmos delivers at 48khz so I suppose it’s not a huge limitation.

Hi Kubrick,

Thank you, and I guess you’re right. I have just been thinking lately if it’s worth it to buy the Dolby Atmos Production Suite.

I always wanted to say thank you to Kubrick, so thank you for that too.

All the best,
António

1 Like

dolby atmos can only work in 48khz.

Hi Eric,

That’s not true, Dolby Atmos’ highest supported sample rate is of 96kHz (with a bit-depth of 24 bits.) You can verify what I’m saying in this page from Dolby itself, just check the answer under “what sample rates does Dolby Atmos support?”: https://musicsupport.dolby.com/support/solutions/47000264852

All the best,
António

Hi António

that’s ‘technically’ true - but the delivery format is 48khz and the Dolby RMU only operates at 48khz.

Hi Herr Doktor,

I know that the final render isn’t in 96kHz, we had already discussed that above in this thread. And it’s actually explicitly said by Dolby in the FAQ link I posted in my reply to Eric.

All the best,
António

1 Like

I am very surprised. Anaïs Libolt who works at Dolby gave a conference a few days ago. It confirmed that for the moment only 48 kHz was taken into account. where did you get this 96khz compatibility info. I’m interested.

All the best
eric

it’s on the link that @inthefold posted - but at the risk of saying it 3 times :slight_smile: - what you quoted is true…it doesn’t a matter what sample rate your project is in - the Steinberg AND the Dolby renderer can only work at 48khz .

ok the source i have is an old video. she did not mention it during this last interview. I did indeed make a mistake.

All the best
eric